{3} Trouble with the room 263

[ Alex Pettyfer as Christopher Smith ] (right)
[ Dave Franco as Brian O'conner ] (left)

Emily Roberts

''So, Emily.'' Tori called breaking the silence between us. We had been staring awkwardly at each other for about two minutes. ''Where are you from?'' She inquired taking a sit on the chair beside her bed. I hate this part. Introductions are always weird.

''Canada.'' I replied taking a sit on my bed. I figure that it's better to stick with the life I 'created' on the cab ride towards here. ''And you?'' I asked trying to dodge the conversation away from myself.

''New York.'' She answered with a huge smile on her face. Oh, how I miss New York... ''Have you ever been there?'' She asked, probably noticing the small smile that appeared on my lips.

''I have.'' I shortly replied. What are you doing Em? No one should know that you've been there. Are you crazy?! My consciousness strikes. Oh calm down, will you? It's not like I was the only person who has been there. ''On holidays.'' I added.

''I love living there.'' She confessed. ''A lot of people say that it is too crowded, but living in Manhattan is perfect. I'm going to miss it so badly.'' She sighed and I could tell that coming here was probably not her first option. Wait... Does she live in Manhattan? Oh my god! Me too! Oh, man. Of all the people on campus why did I had to be stuck with a person that reminds me of my old life? Is this is some twisted payback for what I said earlier, God? Because if it is, I'm sorry. ''What's your major?'' She continued.

''What?'' I asked coming back from my thoughts.

''What are you majoring in?'' She repeated.

''Oh!'' I gasped letting out an embarrassing smile. ''Medicine.'' I replied. ''And you?''

''Environmental engineering.'' She answered.

''That's a really interesting major.'' I complimented her choice. It's admirable seeing our generation looking after our environment.

''Thank you!'' She thanked me smiling. ''Well, you know... Some people take care of humans...'' She pointed at me and chuckled. ''Others have to take care of the rest of the species.'' She added shrugging.

''Yeah. You do have a point.'' I said smiling at her. She is really nice to talk to. I admit I was scared. I hadn't talked with a human being for more than five minutes over two years.

''I thought I was really far from home, but you definitely beat me up on that.'' She chuckled smiling. She is really stunning. I wish I was like her. Blonde with blue eyes...

''What can I say? Kids will always be rebels.'' I added grinning. ''When did you arrived?''

''Yesterday.'' She said getting up for her chair and walking to the bed in front of mine, which I presume to be hers, taking a sit. ''My parents came with me, but they had to leave...'' She added showing a sad smile. ''They got called for work... Lawyers and their jobs always in the way of their family.'' She concluded this time sarcastically with her hands in front of her lab, fingers intertwined with her thumbs tapping against each other. I'm sensing that her parents aren't a thing she wants to talk about, so I better change the topic, ASAP.

I cleared my throat. ''It's almost eight p.m.'' I stated looking at the clock. ''Did you eat yet?''

She smiled and muttered a 'thank you' maybe because I changed the topic. ''No actually I haven't!'' She said jumping off the bed and grabbing my hand to get up also. ''And I'm not in the mood to cook, because lets be honest here, I honestly don't know how to cook anyway.'' She said smiling. ''So we...'' She grabbed both of my arms and lifted up my dying body from the bed. ''Are going out.'' I turned around immediately and narrowed my eyes at her sending my pleading eyes hoping that she is kidding. I've been flying all day. I just want to stay here and sleep. ''Don't look at me like that. You don't know me yet, but let me just tell you this. I'm too stubborn.'' She said proudly.