Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Vivian Pov.

            I watched as he walked away from me for the second time today. This time watching him go was as painful as the first time. I couldn’t help the feeling that pulsed through me. I wanted to reach out and hold him. I wanted to be there for him like I was there for my own children. I knew that this boy walking away from me was not my son, but something inside of me thought otherwise.

            So instead of going after him and doing what was now starting to feel instinctual, I stood frozen in my spot. That was until I heard Brooke calling out.

            “Are you guys okay?” She asked.

            I turned my attention onto her and noticed that she had stepped out of Blake’s arms and was now standing in front of my whole family, staring at us with a worried look on her face. I turned and noticed that Mason had dropped his smirk and was now glaring in the direction of Lyndon. I turned to my left and noticed that both Blake and Monica had this far away look in their eyes, and they were also staring in the direction that Lyndon had gone.

            I turned to my husband and saw that he was staring at us with a worried look on his face.

            “Did you feel that?” I asked taking a small step in his direction and grabbing his hand.

            “Feel what Viv.” He asked, looking down at me with concern.

            “Feel what?!” I shrieked. “Please tell me that you didn’t just say that.” I said taking a step back. 

            “Vivian-“

            “No, don’t Vivian me, Rowland, I felt it. My wolf felt it.”

            “Felt what?” He said taking a small step in my direction, and looking in the direction that Lyndon had gone.  

            “The Connection.” Both Monica and Blake had said at the same time.

            “Connection? What connection?” Rowland said looking at the two. Suddenly his body stiffen and it was as if something had finally came to him, he turned to me, and placed his hand under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him. “That’s him isn’t” he said softly.

            “That’s the boy you called Lance earlier, right?”

            “Yes!” I said filling a stream of tears come down my eyes.

            I felt my body being pulled into the safety of Rowland’s warm arms.

            “Doesn’t mean anything that both Blake and Monica felt it too?” I cried. “Doesn’t that mean anything?”

            “I don’t know what it means. All I know is that our son is dead Vivian and we can’t do this.”

            “But dad-“

            “No Monica.” He said reaching over and pulling her into his arms. “He’s gone and we can’t go around calling some kid that isn’t him, Lance.”

            “But what about the connection we felt? What are we going to do about that?” Blake asked taking Brooke in his arms.

            “I don’t know. I’ll keep monitor of the boy, but that’s the best that I can do. I don’t want to being a human into our business.”