Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Lyndon’s Pov

            It had been a week since the whole thing with finding out that Melrose had a mate, and we hadn’t been to school. I know that our mom had said to get to know our mates, but both Mel and I had decided that the best thing that we should do was to stay our distance from them.

            Although there was this huge side of me that wanted to get to know Tristan, I just couldn’t bring myself to face her, and so we let a week pass by without going to school and facing them. Call it what you wanted, but all I wanted was for Tristan to be safe, and that meant that I had to stay away from her. And by me staying away from her, I wouldn’t have to worry about her pack getting involved in what my family was going through with the hunters. It was bad enough that this pack had to deal with them once, resulting in the alpha and Luna’s child dying, but bringing them into this a second time, who knew what would happen.

            I knew that it would be hard trying to stay away from Tristan, but some way and somehow I knew that I had to do it. But even though I was going to keep my distance, I knew that I didn’t have to be a complete ass about it like I had done the first couple of times I had saw her.  And I was happy about that. I didn’t want to put her off like that, I just wanted to stay my distance.

            “So that’s the plan, we just walk into the school, and distances ourselves from them?” Mel asked from the passenger’s side.

            I looked down at her, and noticed her twirling her shining red hair nervously.

            “Yes, we don’t have to be rude about it, just hang with the humans as much as possible, and leave the wolves alone.” I said focusing on the road.

            “And what if I see Mason?” she said nervously.

            “You talk to him, in the nicest way possible. You tell him that you’re going to be late for class. And if he asks you out, you tell him that you’re going to be busy.” I said glancing at her.

            She nodded her head in understandment.

            I pulled up to the school, and park the car. Turning the car off, I turned and looked at my baby sister. “You ready for the rundown?”       

            A small smile appeared on her face and she nodded her head. “If anyone asks you where you’ve been in the last week you say?”

            “In Wyoming, my grandmother got sick and she was rushed to the hospital.” She said looking up at me.

            “Is she okay?”

            “She’s fine now, she had a high fever, but lucky she came down from it, and now my uncle is back in Wyoming looking after her.”

            “Oh really that’s sweet of him, what’s your uncle’s name?”

            “Charlie, but everyone just calls him Char’s.” She said looking at me from the side.

            “Okay, you’ve got it.” I said smiling at her. “But what if they ask you about our home.”

            “I say that we bought the property but we’re rebuilding from the ground up, and that we are living with a close friend’s of our mother’s.”

            I nodded my head. “Okay, let’s go.” I said opening my door and grabbing our bags, heading to the school.

            As we entered the building I couldn’t help but to notice that as we walked further and further down the hall, how many people were looking at us. It only took me a second to realize that the ones that were looking at us, were among the werewolves roaming around this place.