Chapter 8

Caitlin

Caitlin

I marked yet another day off the calendar. It's been more than a year and I still haven't gotten a letter. I took one very big deep breath then exhaled. I closed the calendar and looked over the stack of letters I've received over the years. It's been more than a year, too long. The longest in which I didn't get a letter was six months and it's never gone over that. I worried that maybe this time I would not get a letter that maybe after all this time my little sister is dead.

I just really hoped that Lana was fine. She is a strong person and a survivor. I hope that she's out there somewhere. Maybe she's just going through something big and can't get a letter to me. And I know her and she can handle anything that is thrown her way. I just wanted to think of her still alive for as long as i could.

I look at the object in my hand that Cisco had called a shuriken. I twirled it in my hand and looked closely at it. There were no fingerprints left to analyze since it was covered in Barry's blood after we took it out.

And the other weapon that could have helped us find this woman was taken.

We didn't have any ID on the guy either. We were waiting for Barry to bring a sketch of the guy so we could check it and look for the guy. Since he had avoided all cameras that could have shown him.

"Guys I've got her" Cisco yells out

I stand behind him looking at the same girl jumping from building to building.

"Barry we've got her" Cisco says into the phone

"It kind of looks like she's going back" I say

We watch from the street camera as she goes back to the same exact place from last night. Her mask covers her face as she looks down to the ground as if she's looking for something.

"On my way" Barry says

We watched on the monitor just how fast Barry moved. Barry finally stopped right outside the alley the woman was in.

"Well if it isn't the criminal" Barry says taunting her

"Well hello there red" the woman says

We were all listening in on their conversation from Star Labs. I listened in on their conversation and I couldn't help but feel like the woman's voice sounded so familiar.

"You need to turn yourself in. You either come with me without a fight or it won't end very well for you" Barry says

"I'm just minding my own business here I'm not hurting anyone" she says and i could hear the sarcasm in her voice

"You mean looking for your little sword, didn't your friend take it?" Barry asks

"I'm just looking around, You know red since it's just you and me why don't we have a little fun" she says