Chapter 13

Lana

Lana

I stood on the rooftop looking down into the street.

"Why exactly do you need to break into this place?" I can hear josh say from my earpiece

"Because I need something from inside. I told you that" I say

"And what can you possibly need from that jewelry store that belongs to you?" he says again "I've shut off the alarm already"

"Stop questioning me and do what I asked you to." I tell him

I went to the side and carefully jumped down the building landing on top of the closed dumpster. I reached into my pocket grabbing the small black bag I would be using to put the jewelry in. I walked to the back door, opening it and closing it behind me. Josh had successfully unlocked the door and shut off the security. I walked to the back going through another door to head into the back office.

"Hold on" I can hear him say

I stood at the door and leaned down to see the laser security moving around.

"Alright got it, the vault should be behind the painting on the left wall" he says

I walked in and carefully placed the painting on the ground. I stood with my hands on both sides of the vault. I could see my mask begin to work on figuring out the code to open it. Within seconds I could see the fingerprints on the keypad and soon after I could see the passcode.

"Ah I see what you want to take now" I can hear josh say

I smiled more to myself as I reached in and grabbed the diamond necklace that sat in the small stand inside the vault. I carefully placed it into the bag and closed the vault again. After I placed the bag in my pocket I threw some things around to make it seem like someone had broken in for more than just this necklace.

"So how long have you known that the necklace was in Central city?" I can hear him say

"I've been working on finding it for a while. I thought I had found it the last place I broke into. This doesn't belong in a museum you and I know. I'm just trying to return it to their rightful owner" I say to him

I turned around and walked back into the main store looking around to see if anything else caught my attention. I passed by the stand in the entrance and looked at the rings. I smiled as I broke the glass and reached in trying on and taking the ones that fit me.

"I could be sleeping Lana and instead I am here helping you break into one of the most secured jewelry stores in the city" he says "looks like you got in coming. Central City's own hero"

"I'm about finished here anyway. Get your beauty sleep, I'll see you when I get home" I say turning off my earpiece

I began to walk out of the store and as I turned to walk into the street I stopped feeling wind behind me.