Chapter 1: Get Sherlock

THREE MONTHS EARLIER 

​​​​​You and the boys were standing at an art gallery waiting for the director to finish his speech as he stands near a painting. "Falls of the Reichenbach, Turner's masterpiece, thankfully recovered owing to the prodigious talent of Mr. Sherlock Holmes." The director said as the patrons applaud. The director gives a small gift wrapped box to Sherlock.

"A small token of our gratitude." said the Director as Sherlock takes it and looks at it.

"Diamond cuff links. All my cuffs have buttons." He said.

"He means thank you." You said to the director.

"Do I?" Sherlock asked you as you look up at him and raise your eyebrow at him and said. "Just say it."

Sherlock sighs and looks over at the director and said, insincerely. "Thank you." And he starts to walk away but John tries to hold him back. "Hey." John said and Sherlock unwillingly stops and the press start taking photographs.

Over a period of time Sherlock became an instant celebrity. Every news cast would report about the cases you three would solve, they would more focus on Sherlock than you and John, which you were fine with you were just happy to be around them.

One day, you three we're standing, uncomfortably, nearby a house where the man, who was a banker, you three rescued was standing and had his arms around his wife and son while the press filmed and photographed them.

"Back together with my family after my terrifying ordeal; and we have one person to thank for my deliverance--Sherlock Holmes." The man said and the public applauds. The son smiles and offers a small box to Sherlock, who takes it and rattles it, briefly.

"Tie pin. I don't wear ties." Sherlock said you and John.
"Shhh." said John as you shake your head.

Later you three are at Scotland Yard where Lestrade addresses a press conference, about the man, who kidnapped the banker. You, Sherlock and John are standing nearby and you see Donovan and Anderson are at the back of the room.

"Peter Ricoletti: number one on Interpol's Most Wanted list since 1982. But we got him; and there's one person we have to thank for giving us the decisive leads....with all his customary diplomacy and tact!" Lestrade said as Sherlock smiles insincerely towards Lestrade and you sigh and roll your eyes as John leans in closer to you two.

"Sarcasm." He said quietly.

"Yes." You and Sherlock said in unison.

As the press applaud, Lestrade walks over to Sherlock and gives him a gift wrapped package, smiling at him cheerfully. "We all chipped in." He said to Sherlock, who tears open the wrapping paper and pulls out a deerstalker.

"Oh!" He said, trying to smile.

"Put the hat on!" The press started to chant and Lestrade turns to Sherlock and said. "Yeah, Sherlock, put it on!"

You try to bite back a smile as you knew Sherlock absolutely despised the hat and you could see in his face he wanted to kill all of the reporters right then and there. "Just get it over with." You whispered quietly.

He glowers at you but you motion him to come closer to you, he bends down and you whisper to him about promising him a good time later and he smirks at this. He hands you the wrapping paper and, unhappily, puts on the hat.
Flashbulbs go mad and everyone applauds. Sherlock smiles at the press, through gritted teeth and glance of at Lestrade. 

Later at Baker Street, John was sitting on the sofa reading the papers while Sherlock stomps across the room and throws the Daily Star onto the pile of newspapers on the coffee table. "Boffin. Boffin Sherlock Holmes." He said indignantly. You walk in the living room and said. "Everyone gets one."