Chapter 6: Dodging the Police and Kitty's Big Story

You and the boys swerve to the left and your dropped the pistol. "The gun!" John exclaimed. "Leave it!" Sherlock tells you and you three run down the alleyway and you and the buys reach high railings blocking your way.

"Bloody hell." You said as you three skid to a halt.

Sherlock looks over and sees a large dustbin that looked like the three of you could climb on. "Over here." He says to you two and you and the boys run over to the dustbin.

Somehow, you three climb up the dustbin and you, seeing another large dustbin on the other side, climb over the railing and land on the other dustbin, your left arm was raised in the air since Sherlock's right hand was cuffed to it; Sherlock climbs over next and then John climbs last and the three of you run again and reach a T junction.

You turn right but immediately brake and duck back and the boys follow suit as you heard sirens. You and the boys lean side by side against the wall and catching your breath.

"Everybody wants to believe it--that's what makes it so clever. A lie that's preferable to the truth. All my brilliant deductions were just a sham. No one feels inadequate--Sherlock Holmes is just an ordinary man." Sherlock said and his voice becomes bitter the more he talks.

"What about Mycroft? He could help us." John said.

"A big family reconciliation? Now's not really the moment." Sherlock said as you and him look down the T-junction.

John looks down where you three came from and sees a face peering around the corner. He elbows Sherlock and whispered. "Sherlock. (Y/N). We're being followed. I knew we couldn't outrun the police." John said.

You and Sherlock look down the alleyway and see the man. "That's not the police. It's one of my new neighbors from Baker Street. Let's see if he can give us some answers." Sherlock said and you three run to the next corner and you and Sherlock look around the corner and see no sign of any police but you do see a double decker approaching.

"Where are we going?" John asked.

"We're going to jump in front of that bus." You reply.

"What?!" John asked and you and Sherlock are already on the move and drag John with you two.

You three run out into the street and stop in the middle of the street and face the bus. The man charges into the road and throws himself at you three and shove you and the boys out of the way and all four of you tumble to the ground as the bus drives past, it's horn blaring. You sit up and drag the man's own gun from his jeans, cock it and aim it at him.

"Tell us what you want from me." Sherlock asked the man, who stares at you three wide eyed and you move the gun closer to the man.

"Tell us." You growled.

"He left it at your flat." The man answered.

"Who?" Sherlock asked.

"Moriarty." said the man.

"What?" You asked and all four of you get up on your feet, still aiming the gun at the man. "The computer key code." The man said.

"Of course. He's selling it--the program he used to break into the Tower. He planted it when he came around." said Sherlock as three gunshots ring out and the man reels and drops to the ground, you and Sherlock stare up into the direction the bullets came from, then swing around and you and the boys race off.

As police sirens approach again, you three suck into an open doorway and a police car drives past. "It's a game changer. It's a key--it can break into any system and it's sitting in our flat right now. That's why he left that message telling everyone where to come. Get Sherlock. We need to get back into the flat and search." Sherlock said.