8

I have been tutoring for about two and a half years now

I have been tutoring for about two and a half years now. I started when I was a sophomore in high school. I tutored upper and lower classmen. And not once have I ever been nervous to be in a room with a student.

Except for Liam Powers.

On Friday, he asked me if I was free for the weekend.

And I told him yes.

I didn't think. I barely processed what he asked and I just blatantly told him yes.

Then he smiled at me and nodded before we walked out of the tutoring center.

Nothing else was said on the matter.

I mean sure there wasn't much time because in gym class we were busy and we were separated. In biology, we were at our individual tables. Today the same thing happened so there was no time for talking.

Not that there's anything to talk about.

I mean, he's Liam Powers. I can barely stand him so the idea of dating him is out of the question.

Besides I don't date. My father doesn't allow me to.

Not that I really want to anyways.

Besides, he probably doesn't want to go out with me.

He says I'm boring.

Which I am.

But that's because my dad basically locked me in a cage since I was eight.

Not that I really min-

"Are you just going to stand there Daisy?" Liam said behind me and I jumped.

"I'm trying to get inside so that my tutor doesn't call me a slacker and scold at me for wasting her time." He smiles and I composed myself.

"Sorry." I apologized before stepping inside to let him walk before me and he shook his head.

"Ladies first." He smiled and I nodded before walking in and he followed.

We walked to our usual table in the back corner of the room and we situated ourselves.

And that's when my stomach decided to give the loudest grumble known to man.

"Damn Daisy." Liam laughed and my cheeks reddened.

"Just take out your biology stuff." I scolded and he reached into his backpack for his things.

Still embarrassed, I took my laptop out of my backpack.

"Here." Liam said and I looked up at him. He had an apple in his hand and it was stretched out towards me.

"Oh no, that's okay." I shook my head.