Chapter Ten

--------------------

Dedication: Ari_forev for the awesome cover! Thank you! :)

Recap:

"Oh, I'm shaking," I snarled back, narrowing my eyes.

"You should be."

"Because you might kick me in the shin?" I mock gasped, covering my mouth dramatically. "That's all you can reach right?"

He cheeks burned a scarlet colour. I really shouldn't make fun of the fact she resembles a small, Barbie doll but she just makes it too hard to resist.

I let out a laugh as she opened and closed her mouth a few times, looking like a gaping fish. It made me immensely happy that she had no come back for that.

Plastering a smile on my face, I pushed past her and made my way into a cubicle.

I so don't regret stealing her time sheets.

---------------------

"Today's the day!" I sing cheerfully.

"Great."

"It's finally here!"

"Whoopee," Harvey sarcastically says back.

"I can't wait to feel that jacket on my skin," I smirk, unable to wipe the grin from my face.

"Awkward if you don't get on the team."

"Harvey," I snap, frowning at him. "What did we discuss?"

He let out a dramatic sigh. "If I do not have anything nice or supportive to say, don't say anything at all."

"Good boy."

He rolls his eyes but smiles nonetheless.

"It's cool that they let everyone come watch," I said, weaving my braid tightly.

"It's a waste of time. I could be learning something, but no, the whole school has to stop for these bloody try outs."

"Harvey, don't make me kick your ass," I warn, flickering my eyes to his.

"Lucky my best friend is trying out and I am super supportive of her. I simply cannot wait to be there and cheer her on."

"Much better!"

He rolls his eyes, again.

"Are you almost ready yet?" he whines, sounding like a petulant child, missing out on dessert after dinner.

We decided to come back to my house through lunch, to make sure I was fully prepared for this afternoon's try outs. Considering I practised this morning, most of my swimming gear was still damp, if not wet.

I organised a clean, new swimsuit and have all my best accessories to go with it. I have to be on my best game, which means I had to look my best, too.

"Wow, someone took too many mouthfuls of the annoying syrup, today."

"Sorry."

"That's alright," I say lightly, before whirling around to him. "Just don't do it again."

"Huh?"

"I don't know, I tried to be scary," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Okay, are you ready? I've been waiting half an hour!"

He opens his mouth, but clamps it shut again, before he shakes his head at me.

"Women," he mutters as I glide past him and out the door.