Chapter Twenty One

--------------------

Dedication: _clala_ for the amazing banner! Thank you!

Recap:

That was our last kiss.

Once I was outside, I inhaled a lungful of the fresh, night air. My body was trembling. I walked from the doorway and leaned against the brick wall. I rubbed my face wearily.

I don't know what to do.

I'm doing training for my new job, which requires me to travel two hours a day and I seriously need some new music to listen to! Can you help a girl out?

[Insert your favourite songs and/or playlist here. Thank you!]

-------------------

"Um, no."

"Um, yes."

"There is no way, I am getting on that thing."

"You are such a wuss."

"I value my life, thank you very much."

"Ugh!" I groaned, throwing my hands up in exasperation. "It's a skate board... It's seriously not that scary."

"I have no balance!" Harvey argues, folding his arms across his chest, a pout forming on his lips.

"I'll teach you how to ride it."

"No!"

"Harvey!" I exclaim in annoyance, gritting my teeth. "Can you take a risk once in your life?"

"The last risk I took almost cost us our friendship," he mutters and I stiffen.

He wasn't letting what happened at my house, go easily. I understand, but it makes things that much more tense and awkward between us. We were Harvey and Grace. Best friends. There is meant to be no awkwardness.

The shops at Byron are a popular tourist destination, meaning it's near impossible to get a car park in close distance, on the weekends. Therefore, I suggested we skate to shops, to save walking.

"That's not fair," I point out with a frown. "Very different situation."

He let out a sigh. "Fine. What do I do?"

I grin, rolling the skate board towards him.

"Place whatever foot you feel comfortable onto the board," I instruct.

He did as so and began to wobble. I press my lips together to stop myself laughing at his dis-coordination. I gently place my hand on his arm, in case he falls.

"Once you feel ready, you put your weight onto your foot and push on the ground with the other. When you've picked up momentum, rest this foot," I say, slapping his leg slightly, "behind the other. Keep using that leg to push on the ground when you need more speed."

"This is complicated," he mumbles.

"It's really easy once you get the hang of it," I assure him. "Ready?"

He let out another sigh. He pushes off the ground and I begin to walk fast beside him, my hand resting on his bicep. He is wobbly and skating extremely slow, but he seems to get the gist of it.

"Try not to look down so much," I say to him, slightly breathless as I change pace into a jog.

"Easier said than done!"

"Just try!"

Once I felt confident that he was standing upright and wasn't going to tip over, I let go off his arm. He continues to skate and I jog back to my own skate board, before jumping onto it and catching up to him.