An intimidating surprise.

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, except for what I come up with, the rest belongs to Stephenie Meyers.

Vote & Comment Please :)

*********************************************************************************************************

I sat alone in the castle garden staring out at the sunset, as cliche as that sounds.

 I loved to hang out in the garden, its the only place that's outside and receives sunlight in Volturi Castle. Seeing as vampires are to conspicuous in the sun, they don't have windows in the castle, and don't have many places where you can see the sun. So I come out here when I want to relax or soak up some Vitamin D.

I sighed and listened as I heard birds sing their songs, and felt the wind blowing through my hair. The feeling of the sun and wind on my skin was a few of the many things I would miss when I became a vampire.

I twisted around on the bench I was sitting on so I could feel the wind better. The wind blew through my white blond hair and made it tickle my face. It felt nice. It wasn't a cold wind and it wasn't warm, it was just right.

This place allowed me to just think and relax. I thought about Alec and how much I missed him.

Alec was sent on another mission, America's southern vampires were creating armies again, and Aro sent Alec, Demetri and Felix to clean up the mess.

I sighed. I really couldn't wait to become a vampire. I wanted to be able to go with Alec when he went on missions. I hate missing him so much when he's gone. Maybe I could end up being useful and protect him for once if I was transformed.

Alec and I have been inseparable over the last week. We did everything together. We always hung out with Jane and the guard, but when we were alone.... he would pierce me with his gaze that made me feel like we were the only people on earth.

We haven't made our relationship official, but I guess we wouldn't have to, seeing as we are blood singers, but it would still be nice to imagine him asking me to be his girlfriend, or eternal lover... whichever. It's the same difference.

" There you are Anna, I've been looking for you." Jane said sighing in relief.

I smiled at Jane and said " You should've known I would be here, I always am in my spare time."

" True, true." She said brushing it away as she sat down beside me.

For awhile we both just stared out at the horizon, it was beautiful. The way the sun was setting made the clouds turn pink, bright orange, red, and purple.

Finally Jane turned to me and dug through her cloak pocket and said nonchalantly " Aro wishes to give you this."

I turned toward her on the bench and stared at the velvet box in her palm with shock. " What is it?"

" Open it and you'll see." Jane said rolling her eyes.

I took the box and felt the dark blue velvet before opening it.

When I opened it I gaped down at the necklace and looked back up at Jane. " Jane... I thought I wasn't going to receive this until after my transformation?"

Jane shrugged and said " He thought that since you're already part of the family, that it wouldn't hurt to give it to you sooner."

I stared back down at the necklace. It was the Volturi crest.

I was touched. Now I really do feel like a part of their family.

I stroked the V shaped crest and held back my tears of joy. It meaned so much to me that everyone loved me enough to give me the necklace that every Volturi member wore.