Chapter Thirteen: Snake in the grass

"I'm glad you kept your word, babe." Jax smirked as he slipped on his pants, his hands slipping on his SAMCRO belt as he watched Eva slip her shirt on.

"What do you mean?" Eva asked confused as she sat on the bed, a small soreness making her jump and a blush to go over to cheeks. She knew she would be sore for a few days, but it was more than worth it.

"The night before I left, you looked me right in the face and said, I can fuck you when I love you. So—you kept your promise." Jax said with a sly smirk, laughing moments later as Eva tossed a pillow at him.

"What can I say Jax, I keep my promises." She smiled as she thought about what was going to take place later that night. Sure, they were about to go have a nice time at the wedding, but later that night Eva was going to confront the man who did this. She had been thinking about it for six months, six months of tears and rationalizing.

"Hey? You alright?" Jax asked as he wrapped his arms around Eva, a smile on her face as she relaxed into him. She rested her head on his shoulder, a sense of calmness washing over her as she couldn't remember ever feeling so happy.

"I have a decision to make tonight, Jax. I must live with it and I know its going to constantly be in the back of mind. Did I do that right thing?" Eva confessed as she turned around to face him, her lips gently pecking his as his hands slipped down to her butt.

"No matter what, baby, I'm gonna be here. You don't have to do this alone anymore." Jax promised as he pressed his lips to hers, his fingers carefully slipping the diamond ring from his pocket and slipping it on her naked ring finger.

Eva broke the kiss and looked down at the beautiful ring on her finger. She looked at Jax who couldn't help but smile at her shocked expression, a giggle escaping her lips as she kissed him again. "So this is what Gemma handed you." Eva said with a wink as she pushed the ring back on her finger. "I have a wedding band, or I did." Eva blushed and bit her lip as she remembered she had thrown her ring  in the toilet the day Jax had left.

"A piece of shit that meant nothin at the time. My wife deserves the best ring, a symbol of my love for her." He explained as he slipped on his cut. Eva smiled and kissed him again, her hand going over her hair as she looked in the mirror. Her makeup was gone, and her face was flushed, but she had made an amazing memory with the man she loved.

"We better get goin, we gotta get ready for the wedding." Jax said with a smirk, the thought of Opie and Lyla getting married something he still hadn't grasped. He was happy for his best friend, but he knew Opie wasn't as happy as he had been with Donna.

"I have to help Lyla get into her—dress. If I can call it that." Eva teased knowing that Lyla was over the moon in love with Opie. Eva slipped on her cut and pulled her hair into a ponytail once again, following Jax out of the bedroom.

"You wanna do it again?"

"Um, what? We should leave, we have to be there in like fifteen minutes." Eva chuckled as she slipped on her gloves. Looking at Jax's face, his eyes so soft and his happiness so clear as he looked at her.

"I mean a wedding, a real one this time. Nothing forced or, rushed. I guess what I am askin is, will you marry me, Eva? Again?" He smiled as she grabbed her hands with his. Eva nodded her head, her body relaxing as Jax pulled her to him for a hug, an embrace they both needed.

"I love you, Jax—till death do us part."

                                                                                   *****