Chapter Eighteen:Healing The Past

"You sure bout this?" Jax asked as he looked over at his silent wife, worried that this was too much stress for her. He grabbed her hand, wishing that he could make this easier for her. He had confessed about meeting her father a month after she returned from the hospital, his jaw still sore from where she had punched him.

He knew that hiding that from her was stupid, and the welt he was left with afterwards reminded him of that. Eva leaned over and kissed Jax on the lips before slipping from the car, her small belly looking huge on her small frame as she walked up the stairs that lead to the large house.

"Here it goes." She said as she ran her hand through her hair and rang the bell. She stood there for a few moments, her body shaking as she saw a figure approaching the stained-glass door.

"Can I help you?" The tall beautiful blonde said as she opened the door, her blue dress hugging her body perfectly. Eva knew this woman was no doubt someone who was in charge, since the half naked women in the background were all surrounded by paying men.

"I'm here for Nero Padilla." Eva said, watching as the woman's face changed, almost as if she had been expecting Eva. The woman smiled and motioned for her to follow her, Eva looking back at Jax with a smile before walking inside the large house. She followed the woman up the stairs and to a large office, her eyes going to the older man sitting at the desk.

He had salt and pepper hair, and a matching beard. He was covered in tattoos, a noticeable name tattooed across his neck. She had his eyes, and nose and he wrote the same way she wrote, with his hand resting on his head.

"So, we finally meet." Eva said as the other woman left her side quickly to give them privacy. Eva watched as Nero's head shot up, his eyes going wide and his mouth parting as their eyes connected.

"Shit—Umm Hi. Please come in." Nero said as he got up and walked past her to close the doors, Eva walking around the large office, her eyes scanning over the pictures and the paintings on the wall.

"This is surreal, and a little scary. You, are my father." Eva said as she turned to face him, her eyes going to his hands, hands that were covered in rings and tattoos. "I told myself that when we finally met I would just ask you, why? Why did you and mom give me to Pops?" Eva asked as she rested her hands under her belly.

"We didn't want to give you up, Mija. Your mom and I loved you—you were our reason for getting clean, or my reason. You mother wasn't as strong as me. We got caught slinging drugs and, other gang activies, so we got locked up. Your uncle took you but it was only temporary, or it was supposed to be. He filed for custody and adoption under our noses and because you were a ward of the state, they let him. I tried to file to get you back, but it was denied and by then you were almost eleven. I couldn't just show up and take you from the life you loved, I loved you too much to do that, baby." Nero explained, his eyes watering as Eva noticed he talked with his hands.

"When I found out about you I was so angry, and I felt so betrayed. I spent my life thinking I had one father and then in an instant I had another. It was the happiest yet saddest day of my life. What kind of person am I that I lose a father and gain one all in the same day?" She chuckled, her hand wiping a stray tear from her face. "When I found out who you were, I looked you up, and I realized that I had seen you my entire life. I saw you at my high school graduation, and when I was patched into the club—I even saw you at Pop's funeral." Eva admitted as she walked closer to him.

"I wanted to see you—so I did. Vince wasn't too happy on me being there but if I stayed away, kept my distance I could see you. Watching you grow up from far away has killed me, Mija. I love you Eva, and I could not be prouder." Nero said as he hesitantly put his hand on her shoulder, Eva feeling safe when though Nero was practically a stranger to her.