Chapter 1

↠ Alexandra Queen ↞

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Hearing the beeping of my alarm my hand instantly moved from its comfortable spot under my pillow to look for my phone. I reach my phone and click around until I turn the alarm off.

I take a pillow from underneath my head to cover up my face from the sun. "Ugh, it's too early for this" I whined into my pillow.

"Too early for what?" I hear a familiar female voice say. 

"Mom?" I asked lifting my pillow a bit so she would hear me. 

"Yes, come on now Alexandra get up," she responds clapping her hands to get me up. I cover my ears from the loud noise. 

"Do I have to?" I mumbled and groaned into my pillow.

She doesn't say anything but I hear her leave the room. Not long after I heard someone come in. "I'm going, I'm going Mom" I mumbled again. 

She stays silent then I feel my bed sink beside me. Before I could see who it was, I felt large warm hands push my body off the bed and onto the bare cold floor. A scream leaves my lips as my body crashes into the floor. Without having to look I already knew who it was.

"Sam," I mumbled annoyed. 

Turning around on the floor I look up at him with a glare. Looking down at me he smirks. "What the hell is your problem?" I ask. I push myself up to be in a sitting position. I look back at him take out my tongue and mumble "idoit". 

"Real lady-like of you Alexandra," he mumbled and I ignored.

Sam's my best friend. An annoying one at that. I've known him since we were in diapers. There isn't much to say about our friendship besides the fact that I trust him with my life. No doubt about it. Always have and always will. There used to be three of us but not anymore. We've come to accept it over the years.

"Anyway, good morning cutie," he said still with that smirk on his face again. 

"More like not so good-good morning," I sigh "You're so annoying. I don't how or why we're still friends." he laughs.

"Because you love me" he gets off my bed and walks around to me. 

He offers me his hand to help me up. "Yeah and I'm the Queen of England," I said with a sarcastic smile. I take his hand. I'm pulling myself back up when Sam lets me go making me fall back on the floor hard. "Ow! What was that for?" I asked as I whined rubbing my butt from the pain.

I got back up and glared at him. "Nothing," he smiled innocently at me. "Ugh, get out I have to get ready," I say pushing him out. "Oh come on, can't a guy get a little sneak peek," he asked lifting his index finger and thumb, leaving a little space in between. "Hmm," I pretend to think. "No," I say "Bye now," I push him out and close the door shut.

After showering I changed. I walk to my full-size mirror to check how I look. I was wearing a white belly shirt with a jean sweater rolled up. Dark blue jeans that passed my waist a bit and grey high-heeled boots.

It's January and yet it's still kind of warm. Sometimes it's so cold that water turns into ice in a matter of minutes and other times it's so hot that ice cream doesn't last long enough outside. Climate change is taking a toll on us. But people just don't seem to care.

I don't usually wear clothing like this but because I'm too lazy to look for 'decent clothing' as I like to call it, this will have to do. My mom bought me this outfit for Christmas. She wanted me to put it on for New Year's Day, just a few days ago but I pretended to lose the shoes and shirt. The outfit isn't bad-looking, it's just not my taste. I'm not very comfortable with my body. Don't get me wrong, I love my body and I know what I have. I'm just not one to feel comfortable showing it off, but my mom on the other hand loves showing it off whenever she gets a chance. Slowly, however, I'm beginning to feel comfortable with it. It's growing on me, slowly.