[three]

not exactly proud of this chapter, but i hope you all like it anyways!

~

The door squeaked, and caught on the frame, but he forced it open, walking out the door, to an axe at his throat.

He backed up slowly, until his back hit the door. He knew he had to be calm in situations like this, careful not to do anything to expose his wings, but his heart was racing all the while. He had many axes pressed up against his throat before, but in a situation quite like this- and with Toothless nowhere in sight, panic started to settle in.

His heart beat faster as the feminine figure holding the axe fired out questions in what he presumed to be norse, he understood parts of it, while the rest sounded like blurs.

"I asked, WHO ARE YOU; AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!" The young lady pressed her axe further into the cloaked figure's neck, earning a grunt from within the hood. She fired the same question over and over again, earning no response.

"CAN YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND ME?" She finally asked, thinking of it as a last resort. Surprisingly the figure shook his head, then cocked it to the side, and back.

"So you can understand, but only some?" Astrid pieced together. The figure nodded his head, "What language do you speak fluently then?"

Hiccup didn't know how to respond to this. She pressed the axe a little farther. She walked closer to him, grabbing the clasp that held together the two ends of cloak. But instead of lifting it up in a threatening matter, the clasp unbuckled, and the cloak dropped to the floor.

Astrid stood there shellshocked. Hiccup used this as a chance to escape. He backed away from her axe, kicking his cloak up to his hand with his foot. Astrid panicked, he couldn't get away! As he turned, she noticed a pair of leathery black wings protruding from somewhere beneath his armoured chest plate, and a tail, sliding along the wooden deck, two black fins flaring out from the end. Without thinking, she stepped on the tail. Hiccup, strained of movement, fell over, landing hard on the deck with his shoulder.

He groaned considerably loud, trying to force himself at least into a sitting position. He used his forearm to push him upwards, but the female vikings axe handle only dug further into his lower back, below his wings and just above his tail, where his armour only consisted of woven leather.

Hiccup called out to Toothless in dragonese, sounding more or less of like a dragon's roar to Astrid. She forcefully grabbed his arm, rolling him over onto his back, his wing scales scraping along the wood, his cloak balled up in his hand. He looked up at Astrid. Her blue eyes, and blonde braided hair, but he traveled down to her waist, spotting his satchel laying against her side. He sighed, knowing he wasn't going to get it back anytime soon. He looked to his arm, eyeing the small blade slotted into his armour. No. He wouldn't use it now.

He laid helpless on the ground, an axe to his throat and nowhere to run. He had a conversation with himself, whether he should do this or not. The girl with the axe starring coldly at him through it all. Hiccup's mind suddenly came back to him, and he remembered the time when he was trapped by one of the tribes back beyond the Fog Gate, and he had to speak norse to them. Sure, it had faded since then, but he finally could remember some of the language.

"Ar-are you going to kill me yet?" Astrid whipped her head to him- he speaks? "Or ju-ust sit there with axe to my throat."

"I- I'm not going to kill you, that's for my chief to decide, but I'm going to bring you- uh." Astrid couldn't decide. Would he go in the training arena or the cells? He was a dragon after all, and the training arena is closer she decided, "I'm going to bring you to the training arena for the night, and lock you in a cell there."

She allowed him to stand up, watching his wings move around, realizing that he was a prisoner when they stopped moving, and stayed still along his back, she pressed the axe to his throat. She circled around him, grabbing his wings by the main bone, and holding them firmly.

"You real-ly think you can hold them together, huh?" Hiccup shot, opening his wings suddenly, sending Astrid's hands out to the side. Astrid huffed, and sent her foot to the back of his knee. It buckled, and he almost tripped, but caught his balance. She turned around, ready to bring him down the thousands of little stairs up to Gothi's, and down to his cell, but she had no way of keeping him grounded. She decided it was last resort, and dug the side of her axe blade further into Hiccup's neck, he breathed more harshly, and grunted as the blade broke through his skin, feeling his thicker blood start to pour out of his wound.

"If you try anything, expect this going through your throat next time." She threatened.

She pushed him forward, down the steps, and followed with her axe, wondering exactly why she didn't kill him right then and there, and why of all things was he stealing medication, and not weapons.