[four]

Was kinda lazy to get this chapter up, hopefully you dont mind pointing out mistakes for me to fix because i kinda wrote this when i was half asleep😂

Hiccup was shoved onto the floor of the cell, his hip slamming into the stone upon impact. Astrid had a difficult time, you could say, taking this unidentifiable, nameless, hybrid of a man to his cage. It was a ways past midnight, and Astrid didn't know what in Thor's name to do. Stoick was surely asleep, as was Gobber, and none of the gang would be willing to help her at this ungodly hour anyways. Astrid had been on her way back from late night therapeutic, and training in one way or another, axe-throwing in the foot of the forests at Raven Point when she was introduced to the situation at hand. She could not have helped but look at the sky, the sprinkled stars splattered like firebugs (I know the proper term is Firefly or Lightning bug, but i thought I'd change it up) lit up the sky, enough for her to spot a dragon on Gothi's roof. When she was walking she came to a realization, dragons don't perch on Gothi's roof, or not without sending the building into flames that is. She bolted to the stairs, and thats how she found the medicine thief.

Astrid used the last of her might to shift the lever, forcing the barred door of the empty dragon cage to abruptly clash against the stone ground. Hiccup flinched within the cage, his ears picking up small sounds of dragons breathing, alongside with the ringing echo of the door. He cocked his head to the side, allowing his other pair of ears, which matched the same leathery black scales of his wings and tail, to catch the sound waves more easily. Sure enough, there were dragons here. Astrid, standing there, still was trying to figure out what to do at the very moment. A solid couple minutes lasted rather long, and Astrid had came to a decision. She'd wait here all night- until she could go get the chief when he woke up, right when the terrible terrors screeched from the clifftops.

Hiccup felt uncomfortable, sitting on the floor of a dragon's cage, with his kidnapper waiting anxiously outside the door. He wanted her to leave so he could speak to the rest of the dragons, and see if they knew where Toothless was. For all Hiccup knew, he probably flew off, and was hiding back either in the sea-cave they found, or somewhere in the woods that blanketed the far side of the island. It was also possible he was looking for herbal medicines somewhere on the island as well. Hiccup ran over the main words he knew in norse, piecing them together to create a rather
normal-sounding sentence.

"Where is my dragon?"

"Where he belongs." Astrid said, twirling her axe impatiently.

Hiccup couldn't piece together the right words, his mind was drawing a blank again between dragonese and norse. What did I even ask again?

"Oh for Thor's sake- your dragon thing is locked up, like you." She huffed.

Hiccup could sense she was getting restless. First, she probably just came back from training or whatever she did with her axe, nobody carries weapons around with them in hospitality- right? Then she probably got scared to death that a foreign person was stealing from their medicines, and that well, he had wings and a tail, and to add to that, also couldn't speak norse. He looked at her from his seated place on the floor. She was staring at the sky, probably waiting for morning. The bars on the door were clearly meant to hold a dragon captive, not a walking, talking fishbone of a man. He pictured himself fitting through the bars once she was gone. If his wings would allow it.

So that is what he planned. Once she left he would escape, find Toothless, and head out of this part of the archipelago, ready to continue on his mission to find the cure for his king.

~

Gee, what a short and shitty chapter, thinking of redoing it ahahhah

Annnnyways- go check out my new book of oneshots, its gonna be for when ideas pop into my head and i dont really wanna make a story out of it. Have a good night! (Or whatevwr time of day/evening it is for you)

Also go follow my tumblr, will be posing book updates, sneak peeks, and some art there:) info on last authors note