Six

I was waiting for my doctor to arrive. He was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago but I guessed he just got stuck in the traffic. I sighed and looked up when I heard footsteps in the hall. Finally.

My doctor, or therapist as he refers to himself, is incredibly tall. He has short dark brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. I like him for many reasons. His rough deep voice is very calming, tattoos that litter most of his hands kind of remind of Frank and of course his wife, who is also his secretary, is such a sweetie. He's not your stereotypical psychologist who lets you talk and just nods and hums, he actually talks to me and responds to my questions. I admit, it's not always the answer I was looking for but it helps a lot.

I go to therapy every month just to check everything's fine and to get my pills but if I need, I can just call and come sooner. I called the doctor about three days ago and told him what's going on so he moved our appointment that was supposed to be next week.

"Hello Gerard." He smiled when he reached his office, his wife trailing behind him. "I'm sorry, the traffic in this city will be the death of me." He chuckled.

"I feel you. Good morning Juliet." I smiled at the woman and followed after her into the office when she greeted me back.

"Come in and take a seat." I heard the deep voice so I sat down on the couch and took a deep breath. I waited for doctor to get ready all of his papers and smiled warmly when he finally sat down. "So...What seems to be the problem?" He asked with a small nod.

"Well...like I said when I called you, Frank left without much explanation and I'm worried about him because he just won't pick up his phone and even his somewhat of a girlfriend doesn't know where he is." I told him and shrank even more into the couch.

"Why do you think he left?" Andy - my therapist - asked me.

"I think...it might have been because we kissed the day before he left." I admitted and Andy just nodded. "It happened all of a sudden, I think he was high or something but he told me about a dream he had and then confessed he wanted to taste my lips or whatever and then it just happened." We talked about that day a little more before he said something that actually made sense.

"You know, some people who are one hundred percent sure about their sexuality just isolate themselves for a while to sort their thoughts when something like that happens and since you two live together he had no other choice than to leave for a few days. I'm sure he'll come back." Andy smiled at me. I was dumbfounded because that was probably the first time he actually said something useful. Of course he always says useful things but it's always something like 'Even small things can solve big problems.' and then I sit for hours and think about every little thing I did to fix something.

"Thank you, Dr. Biersack." I said and he checked his watch.

"No problem. Anyway our hour is up. Here..." He handed me a slip of paper. "...is your prescription. It's Xanax as always. I would like to see you next week Gerard." Andy said and stood up when I did.

"Okay. Goodbye." I say and leave his office with a hint of hope.

***

Few days later I was still waiting for Frank though I wasn't so stressed about it anymore. I was sitting on one of the armchairs, reading a book and sipping on my coffee when my phone went off. Before I could reach for it it turned off. Great my battery died. I quickly ran to my room and put it on charger and when it came to life I got a notification that someone left me a message on voicemail.

"Uh...Hi, Gee. It's me, Frank. Um...Sorry. Call me please. I-never mind. Just call me okay? Please. Bye." When I heard his voice it was as if huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I sighed and smiled sadly. Maybe he's coming home or maybe he just called to tell me he's never coming back? I was anxious to call him back but after a few moments I did.