CHAPTER SIX HELL HATH NO FURY.

Hell hath no fury.

Queen Medb stood in the great hall stirring at the hundreds of dead heads piled high against its wall.

She searched their faces and found the two she was looking for.

Despite their musty dried appearance she recognised them instantly.

The last time on seeing them, they were fresh.

That day Medb will never forget.

She had just come from the battlefield still covered in the blood of her son.

Her heart emptied by his death was filled by her joyous husband, his cheering red branch knights and the Druid Cathbad who carried those heads tied onto his crooked stick.

Her empty heart they filled with vengeance.

For the heads were her dead father and mother taking in their bed by the so called noble red branch knights.

That was the day she left her foolish husband.

That was the day he sealed his fate.

Her dead husband loved his battle trophies.  It's only fitting she has his head and the heads of the rest of his knights join them.

"My Queen."

Her thoughts were interrupted by her Nubian personal guard Black Seal.

"My queen the Druids and their red branch pupils have been put to the sword. The red branch knights will never rise again. It is over."

"Over?"  She said puzzled. "There is still one red branch  left the boy who escaped."

"He was not from the red branch  school my Queen. He was but a Druids apprentice."

"Which Druid?" She asked.

"Cathbad." Black Seal answered.

"Cathbad the traitor Druid. I almost feel sorry for that boy. Was Cathbad with the dead?"

"We have not found him. The men believe he is in his dark tower in Leinster. "

"Get him. I need his head to make this collection complete."

She waved to the heads.

"As for the boy.  Set lose the hell hounds. They are due a feed."