iii.Book of Spells

मंत्र की पुस्तक[ Book of spells ]

मंत्र की पुस्तक
[ Book of spells ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

[ Istanbul ]

" I believe you are familiar with this."

Lisa laid out a book infront of him. Its pages were wrinkled and faded, and there was a hint of foxing towards the edges of the pages.A faint scented musty smell emitted from it. The binding was wrinkled, and it looked as if it had been collecting dust for years.

" I've seen that before, but I'm not too familiar of what is inside," he murmured, trying to remember what it was. He trailed a finger over its leather bound cover.

" It's the Book of Vishanti."

" Originally, the Vishanti, - a triune of mystical beings consisting of Agamotto, Oshtur, and Hoggoth - used their magical acumen to craft the tome of positive spells and wisdom."

She flipped through its pages, and Stephen marveled at its drawings and dialects.

" Throughout the ages, sages and mages added their own findings to its venerated pages. It was possessed at various points by a sorcerer named Varnae, Queen Cleopatra, "

Stephen raised a surprised brow at this.

"-and the god Marduk, the Ancient One eventually took possession of the book. He retrieved it from the ancient Babylonian deity, after taking out several of his griffin defense forces."

" You seemed to know more about the Ancient One than I do."

" I am not his disciple, although my teacher took a liking in his teaching, and he had introduced us," she fondly smiled at the memory," He was a good man."

" He was," Stephen agreed," and he gave this to you?"

" Yes, only for me to hand it down to you," she pushed the book in his hands,"  The book contains just about every known positive magical incantation. It also holds counter-spells and acts as a direct deterrent to dark magical ones, and practitioners of the shadow arts."

" For instance," she raised her hands," lilrrabut !"

Without warning, the sash around Stephen's robes wrapped itself around him, tying him within a tight grip. With his hands trapped against his sides he struggled to keep his balance," That's not fair."

Lisa covered her mouth, giggling," That is only one of the spells written inside."

She walked closer to him, looking up at him with her trademark smile. It was a sweet smile, but it was dripping with mischief and coy. As if she was hiding a secret, and Stephen was dying to crack it like a puzzle.

She clicked her fingers together, and the sash loosen itself around him.

" Who are you really ?" He approached her, and he towered over her figure.

" As I've told you before, I'm just like you. Except I don't call myself the sorcerer supreme."

" I prefer Necromancer," she shrugged, smiling.

He wanted to tell her a reference to the
Lord of the Rings, but he kept his mouth shut - tracing the outline of her face as she beamed up at him.

" Now," she broke the silence, and Stephen pulled away once he realized how close they were, he was practically hovering above her. She went around him," Are you going to just stand there, or are you going to practice?"

━━━━━━━━━━━

[ New York City ]

" Are you sure this is where we'll find him?"

Agent Ross gripped his coffee cup, glancing impatiently at his watch every now and then.

" It's where he said he would be," Agent Hill snapped back, making sure that the newspaper was shielding her face.

They were both seated in a cafe out in the open, and they scanned the area cautiously.

" Right, we'll just wait for him to fly down with his hammer onto the street of pedestrians. Good, shouldn't be too hard then," he retorted, taking a sip as he watched the crowd of New York hustle across the pavements.

Even with his sun glasses, Maria could feel him roll his eyes.

" Let's face it Hill, he's not showing," he groaned," Let's just-"

" Am I late ?"

The voice behind them caused him to flinch, and automatically Hill's hand went to her side, reaching for her gun. When she saw the familiar pair of blue eyes she exhaled in relief.

" Jesus," Agent Ross breathed out, gripping his chest.

" No, I'm Thor," The god of Thunder causally replied.

" I didn't know you'll be this tall, you're a brick house. Don't sneak up on us like that," he grumbled.

" It's nice to see you Thor, and you're not late ," Maria nodded.

" It is nice to meet your acquaintances once more, Lady Hill," he reached out to take her hand, and she made no protest when he kissed the back of her palm.

Agent Ross rolled his eyes, disguising his laugh with a cough. Earning another glare from Maria.

" Not a word Ross."

" Can't promise you that, Lady Hill."