vii. Beneath the Surface

सतह के निचे[ Beneath the Surface ]

सतह के निचे
[ Beneath the Surface ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

" I think it's about time, that I show you something."

Stephen turned to look at her, pausing mid spell. The green glow from his hands started to fade as he walked towards her, the once levitating books and papers lowering down across the floor.

His eyebrows scrunched up in worry,"What's wrong ? "

" Nothing, but come, I have to show you something."

Stephen followed after her as she walked towards the door, pushing up the sleeves of his tunic," Am I getting better ?"

" You're a quick learner, and yes, you are surprisingly getting better."

He scoffed," What did you expect, Necromancer ?"

She turned sharply to face him, causing him to abruptly stop only inches away from her. The light of the moon mirrored itself against her eyes, and a playful yet silent smile tugged its way across her lips," I expected nothing more, from the Sorcerer Supreme ."

Lisa twisted her demir mitfah against the lock , and grains of sand began to filter itself out once the door creaked open to reveal a portal.

From the other side,Stephen could hear the distant howling of the wind.

" Where are we going ?"

" You'll see, but do you trust me ?" Lisa stepped inside, holding out her hand for him.

Stephen warily looked at it.

It's been half a year since he had been with her, and Lisa Patel have earned his trust through her teachings and hospitality.

So, he placed his fingers above hers, and with a light tug, he stepped inside -  the icy night breeze of the Middle East sweeping against his face.

" Welcome to the place I once called home," she whispered, and Stephen was faced with the rubbles of a dilapidated building - it stood solemnly under the starry sky, looming over Lisa. Nostalgia weighed itself against her heart, causing her to lean against one of its pillars.

Stephen followed her gaze as she stared off into the distance, observing her as she reminisced the past.

" What is this place ?" He murmured, and if he wasn't standing so close to her, the wind would've carried his voice away.