7 | affection

7 | AFFECTION

For months, Michael and Calista had been developing a big crush on one another

For months, Michael and Calista had been developing a big crush on one another. If it weren't for the filming of Thriller their infatuation would have disappeared. However, because they saw each other every day for the next three months— Michael and Calista's feelings for one another brewed... and slowly intensified.

One night, they even shared an intimate moment— but they never spoke of it again, leaving the tension to linger between them when they would see each other.

It was the last day of filming the music video and Calista was ready to return to New York, her home. She was gathering her things from the set when Michael entered the room. "So, this is it?" Michael shifted his weight on his feet as he fiddled with the zipper on his neon orange jacket.

Calista nodded. "I've got to get back to New York." Calista sighed, moving her braids out of her face.

Michael pouted a bit. "Don't go." He whined.

"I have to, Michael. I have business to take care of in New York. Plus, where would I stay in California?" Calista smirked, resting a hand on her hip.

Michael huffed. "Fine." He went up to embrace her, although he wanted to do so much more to her. "I'll miss you." He spoke lowly into her ear, running a tongue over his bottom lip.

Calista giggled a bit, then broke their hug. "We'll see each other again, sometime." Calista reminded, then zipped up her back and swung it over her shoulder.

Michael nodded and smiled, although his eyes reflected hurt and regret. "Goodbye, Cal." He waved as she rushed out of the room, receiving a quick wave in return. His heart had a burning desire to run after her and beg her to stay, but he knew she had a career of her own to tend to— and that either way, he would never have the guts to tell her about the affection he felt towards her.