Chapter 23: Memories

A bright light flashed and suddenly I was in a bar and grill. I was ordering food. After I finished I sat down. I looked over and saw a little girl and her father laughing at an inside joke, they acted like they were the only people around them. They were so happy, and the little girl looked like her. As a mater of fact it was her, I looked up to see my father. On very rare occasions that he was sober he was the nicest most sweetest person I had met as a child. He had soft light chocolate brown eyes that were sweet and caring. But when he was drunk they were full of darkness and hatred. He treated me like a princess when he was sober. This was one of my favorite places to be and I was about 6 years old at the time, things weren't that bad and I still believed my father would get better; only a few years later that thought disappeared entirely. I was envious of the little girl sitting in-front of me. By the time I reached the age of 12 they stopped completely and I would get drugs or a cookie from my father for my birthday after they stopped. I walked over and sat down with them, "I wanna play the Saxophone when I get older daddy, I'm gonna be in band." Little me squeaked happily. "Ok, sweetheart you know mommy used to be in band." My father said smiling. "Yea, I saw some of her awards at school." Little me said giggling. I was always so happy, my dad started laughing at me, his genuine, him laugh. I've missed that laugh so much, I felt a tear trail down my face. The memory started to fade, "Goodbye dad!" I said smiling through the tears as his face disappeared. The next memory was of Sandy and me, she had finally gotten my father in jail and we were at a dinner getting food, I had bruises all over my body and it hurt to move. I had a leather jacket draped over my shoulders as Sandy was making me food. It was after closing hours so the dinner was empty and I was alone in the front of the small place. The TV was on the new and they were talking about Supernatural, it was my first encounter with the show which I grew to love. "Jared Padalecki the actor that plays Sam Winchester one of the lead roles has just announced his new campaign AKF or Always Keep Fighting. After going public with his own battle with anxiety and depression, Padalecki recently launched a charity T-shirt campaign, Always Keep Fighting, to benefit nonprofit organization To Write Love on Her Arms, which supports people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide." The news castor spoke and then took a moment to show pictures and videos of Jared and his friends and family campaigning for this cause. I pulled out my phone and got onto Instagram, I looked up Jared Padalecki and my heart fluttered at the sight of him. I smiled for the first time in a long time at something. This was the memory of the first time I was happy after what my dad got arrested. Everything went bright and to a minute to go normal. I was on my couch watching Supernatural, this was the night Cas came and got me. I watched everything unfold before I was zapped to another memory. Sam and I were driving down the road in the Impala, in the dead of the night when Dean was asleep we would take it. We would just drive not having a destination and we would go until morning when we had to be back before Dean woke up. That was one of my favorite things to do. We would drive down the highway with the windows down and the radio blasting Sam and I's favorite songs. We sung until we couldn't feel our lungs. We would pull up into an empty field and just sit there on the hood or in the grass watching the stars and listing to the faint music in the background. We would cuddle and talk for hours on end. These were some of the best times of my life. The bright light pulsed again and I was in the bunker playing games with Sam, Dean, Kevin, Charlie and Cas. We were playing Sorry, Cas's favorite game. We had the radio playing softly behind us. Highway to Hell started playing and I looked at Charlie. "You know what I'm thinking?" I mouthed to her. She nodded her head. I nodded over to Kevin and Dean. In less than 5 seconds all 4 of us were sliding across the floor on our socks singing with the music and dancing. Sam and Cas just sat and watched us laugh, dance, slide, fall and sing. Sam was laughing and Cas smiled a little. I slid across the floor and fell onto Sam and started giggling before everything went bright again. 

I felt pain shooting up my arms and down my legs. I was lying on the side of the road everything felt sore and I was in pain all over. My stomach hurt tremendously. Was I really alive?