☆Apologies☆

Ivy's POV

I awoke to an empty bed as I stretched out my arms. 'Em,' I called out as I made my way downstairs. I was immediately hit with the sweet small of bacon and French toast. I walked into the kitchen to find Emerald flipping bacon and singing along to Love Incredible by Cashmere Cat, Camila Cabello. 'Someone's in a better mood,' I said as I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She smiled and placed a soft kiss on my lips as she turned off the stove. She handed me a plate as she followed me to the table.

'So what's the plan for today,' I asked as I placed a couple slices of bacon on my plate. She sipped her orange juice and just as she was about to reply in walks Blake yelling, 'Honey I'm Home.' We both chuckled as Amy, Mercedes, and Blake entered the kitchen. 'Will, I invited the girls over to keep you company, while I head out to talk to my dad,' Emerald said as she grabbed plates for the girls. I watched as she sent me a smile before heading upstairs.

After we all finished eating I excused myself from the girls and headed upstairs to check up on Emerald. I walked into Emerald's room to find her in a pair of black pants and a sports bra. She was fixing her curly hair and from the look on her face she was extremely frustrated with it. I walked behind her and wrapped my arms around her toned stomach, "hi" I whispered in her ear. She immediately relaxed into my embrace before reply, "hey". "You've been up here for a while, you okay." I asked as I stared at her through the mirror. " I'm fine, just over thinking about today," Emerald said as she interlocked our hands that where still wrapped around her stomach. We both locked eyes as we continued to stare at each other.

After what felt like forever she glanced at the clock before sighing again and groaning as I unwrapped my arms from around her and walked to her bed. She followed and grabbed her shirt from of the bed. I bit my lip as I watched her toned muscle contract as she raised her arms and pulled her shirt over her head. I was so busy lost in my not so innocent thoughts that I didn't even notice that she had finish. She cleared her throat and judging by the smirk on her face, I knew she had caught me. She chuckled and shook her head before walking closer to me. She leaned close to me and I could feel her breath on my lips. I closed my eyes anticipating the kiss but it never came. I heard her distant laughter and opened my eyes to see I was in an empty room as the sound of Emerald walking down the stairs was heard.

NOT FUNNY GREENE, I yelled as I headed downstairs to be met with a smirking Emerald who was putting on her jacket. "Jerk," I said as I walked over to her. She chuckled before pulling me into a hug, "wish me luck," she said as I wrapped my arms around her neck. "Good luck" I said as she pulled back. Her arms were still secured around my waist as she lend in a placed a soft kiss on my lips. I immediately kissed back. The kiss started out slow until I swiped my tongue over her bottom lip asking for entrance. Just as she was about allow me access, hoots and hollering 'get it girl' was heard from no other than Blake Livingston. I groaned as Emerald pulled away from me and glanced over my shoulder at Blake who was now humping the air singing, 'my ship is sailing, my ship is sailing!' I sighed and pecked her lips one more time before telling her to get going before she's late.

....

Emerald's POV

The entire drive to Ivy house I was mentally preparing myself for the intense encounter with my father. "Relax, Emerald just hear him out" "Ivy was right everyone grieves differently and this just is his process" "Inhale, Exhale--Inhale , Exhale...deep breaths" were the thoughts running through my head as I swerved in and out of traffic. It was a nice day and the roads where packed, which was surprising seeing as it was the day after Christmas. Honestly, I was glad for the traffic because it gave me time to organize my thoughts. After a forty-five minute drive I arrived at Ivy's house. I found myself sitting in the car attempting to give myself a mini-pep talk and a debating about whether I should knock on the door or text my dad to come out, After about another ten minutes I decided to wo'man' up and knock on the door.