Chap 36

~Liam~

My mind was groggy as I slowly woke. Groaning I rolled over ready to reach my arms around my mate when it came up empty. I snapped my eyes open as I realized I wasn't in the hospital anymore I was in my room at the pack house. I shot up from my bed my wolf crying from the separation of his mate. I rushed over to the door yanking it open to find Wyatt my dad's Beta standing there, his back to me. He turned towards me,

"Liam." He greeted. I growled at him,

"Get out of my way, Wyatt." I ordered. He shook his head,

"I'm sorry son, I can't do that." His voice was soft but firm.

"Wyatt, if you don't move so help me"

"Alpha's orders." Was all he needed to say and my anger began to escalate.

"My dad ordered you to guard my room?!" I exclaimed shocked. He nodded once.

Snarling I tried pushed past him but he didn't move. I wasn't surprised, he was one of the best Enforcers in out pack.

"Get my dad!" I snapped.

"No need." His familiar voice came from down the hall as Wyatt move for him to enter. So now the Alpha was blocking my way. I glared at him as he stood just in the entrance of my doorway.

"Why am I here?" He looked at me calmly.

"Because I brought you here." I fisted my hands.

"You know I didn't want to be here!" I argued. He nodded.

"Yes, I know." His gray eyes never blinking as he watched me. Gritting my teeth I stepped up to him,

"Then move." He shook his head.

"Move dad!"

"I can't." Crossing his arms he stood his ground ever the proud strong Alpha.

"He can wake up any second and I need to be there for him." I said just wanting my mate. I heard his sigh,

"He's in a coma Liam, he's been in a coma for over a month now. There is a strong possibility he won't be waking up anytime soon." I cut him off with a low warning growl, "I'm sorry to be so blunt with you but you need to hear it." his words were like acid to my ears. "You need to understand it."

"You're stopping me from being with my mate?" I glared at him ready to attach if it came down to it.

"No, Liam I'm not stopping you from being with your mate, I would never do that."

"You're doing it now!"

"No I'm not, as much as I'm worried for Aiden who's going to be our next Alpha and my son in law. I'm more worried for you at the moment. Liam it is not healthy to completely standstill your life like you have."

"I'm not the one in a standstill." I forced through clenched teeth.

"I know what you're going through, I've seen it."

"No you don't, no one does!!"

"I know I don't know it personally, but I have seen it Liam. And your actions are the same as them! I don't want to lose my son!" He exclaimed, a desperate looked trapped in his gray eyes. I was taken back a little, staring up at him before answering.

"You're not going to lose me, dad." I felt numb

"I know because I'm trying to prevent It from happening." He took another step closer to me. I shook my head and backed away.