Ch 1

Ch1

You sat outside, absorbing the warm spring weather. Most of the snow had melted and it was just warm enough to not wear a sweater. You laid down in the grass and smiled, things were finally going for you again.

You had recently been dumped by your human boyfriend. You had been friends for a while, and you ended up dating. You thought it was love, but he didn't. You were definitely different for everyone else, and he had liked that about you at first, but as he got to know some more of your secrets, he fell out.

He broke it off abruptly. He wouldn't even give you a reason why. This broke your heart, you had been holed up in your house for a few weeks. Typical behavior for you.

You were a half-Pooka.

Yeah, you had a kick ass bunny on the inside, but you didn't want to fight anymore. The bloodshed was too horrific, you still had some nightmares. Sometimes you missed the adventure and adrenaline, but you'd decided to settle down a while ago.

Your mother had fallen in love with a Pooka, your father, and ended up having you. You learned a little magic and you were able to become either full Pooka or full human, looking anyways, your true from being a human body with slightly larger feet, (h/c) bunny ears, and a cute fluffy white tail. For most of your life, your father had trained you on combat, making you well rounded in almost all weapons. You favored the double short swords.

You were fast, and agile. An excellent fighter. But you wanted to see what the human life was like, so you tried to blend in. But you realized that you were just too different. But you didn't want to go back to your parents yet.(They live in their own Warren)

So you found a nice little log cabin in the woods of the northern United States. There was a nice field close by, and you would often spend your time there. Just thinking and enjoying the early spring weather to it's fullest.

You were about to pluck a flower from the ground next to where you sat, when the flower disappeared into a hole, your father hopping out in his half human form. He had very tan skin, the Warren always being sunny. Short dark brown hair, with the exception of a long *rat tail at the nape of his neck, was tousled from the journey there, his ears sticking out of the top of his head. He was very well built, but not totally ripped.

"Hello darling!" he said and picked you up off the ground to hug you. You hugged back, a little hesitantly.

"Hey dad, I don't mean to be rude, but what are you doing here?" you asked, pulling away. He just gave you his biggest smile. He was planning something.

"I heard that the boy that was courting you broke it off. I knew you were feeling down, so I found you a fiancee!" he bellowed joyfully. Your eyes widened, what did he just say?

"You . . . you did WHAT?!" you screamed at him. He just chuckled at you and turned around.

"Meet your new fiancee E Aster Bunnymund!" he said. You looked behind him to see another hole appear, and out hopped a 6 foot, gray haired Pooka. He had warrior marks on his forehead and upper arms, slightly bushy eyebrows that were placed above gorgeous green eyes.

"Aster, this is my daughter, [Name]. You'll be living together for a while, so get to know each other! The wedding's in a month!" your father told you and hopped down the hole he had created. There was a moment of awkward as you just looked at where the hole had disappeared.

"Um, nice to meet you mate." Aster said in a very thick Australian accent, holding out a furry paw. He didn't seem to care that he was your fiancee.

"Aren't you bothered by this at all?" you asked him, glaring at him slightly. You had crossed your arms, clearly indicating that you weren't going to shake his paw. He lowered his paw, grunting a little.

"I'm not exactly brimming with joy. I just thought I'd be polite so this could be as painless as possible." he said. This angered you, what had he expected you to be like? Now you were going to make this hard for him.

"You thought this was going to be painful? What do you even know about me?!" you accused him. He was getting angered as well.

"I know that your mother is a human! And that makes you only half Pooka!" he pointed at you.

Was it mentioned that Pooka and humans falling in love, and having kids, was a big taboo? Other than that, the Pooka's tried to avoid the humans. The offspring of a Pooka and human were always mistreated. You had no friends as a child, no matter what appearance you took. No teacher would take you in, that's why your father had to train you.

"Then why didn't you refuse my father when he asked?!" you yelled at him. He was speechless, apparently he hadn't thought of that. "Not the brightest apple in the bundle are you?" you sneered.

"I'm strong! And fast! Better that you!" he shouted. You rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that.-"

"What did you say?" he interrupted.

"Anyway, you need to transform into your human form." you told him, turning away.

"Why should I listen to you?" he seethed. You looked over your shoulder at him.

"What do you think the humans would do if they found a six foot talking bunny?" you questioned. "They'd probably hunt you down and test you." you smirked evilly at him, thoroughly creeping him out.

"They'd come after you too." he told you. You shook your head.

"I've been here for three years. I know humans in this world. I may be strange to them, but they wouldn't find anything." you told him. He was silent for a moment.

"Fine," he muttered. You turned around as he changed, giving him some privacy. After a moment, you turned back to see Aster in his human form.

He was very handsome, you had to admit. Pale skin, the same green eyes and bushy eyebrows. His gray hair was shaggy, with the same rat tail your father had. He wasn't as muscular as your father, but still defined. Attractive yes, but that's where all appeal stopped.

Those green eyes glared at you through some if the shaggy bangs that hung over his forehead.

"There." He huffed. Your eyes wandered his body for a moment, then you realized that he wasn't wearing any pants. Your face bloomed a dark pink color as you whirled around. You quickly snapped your fingers, making a loose pair of tan pants appear on him. You turned around again, shaking your head. He gave you a confused look.

"What the bloody hell was that for?" He asked.

"Humans don't usually walk around naked." You muttered. You started to walk back to your cabin, where you'd close yourself in your room and thoroughly beat the snot out of your pillow, pretending it was either the young Pooka behind you or your fool of a father. (You loved him, but he could be a little much at times, like now)

"Oh, right. Oi, where are you going?" Aster asked you as you walked away.

"Back to my cabin, its going to rain soon." you said and continued walking.

"It's not going to rain! There's not a cloud in the sky!" he said. You didn't pay any attention to him and turned into your half Pooka form, the ears, the tail, the slightly bigger feet, and raced off. It took about ten whole seconds to get to your cabin.

You opened the door and locked it. 'See how Aster likes it when he gets wet.' And he couldn't just come in through one of his tunnels either. No, you had put a spell on the house so that Pooka's couldn't pop in willy nilly. No, the only way he'd be getting in would be through the front door, that also had a spell on it so that it wouldn't break.

You rummaged through your fridge for a midday snack, pulling out a carrot to munch on. 'Stereotypical, but they're just so good!' you thought as you munched. You changed back into full human form, a shiver running through as it happened.

You decided to bake a carrot cake.