Ch 9

Everything was prepared, the guests were gathered, sitting in their seats. There weren't many.

You sat in a room off the main, looking into the mirror. You were in your Pooka form, The ribbon your mother had given you was tied around your neck in a nice boy that was off center, a simple white daisy placed by your left ear.

Your mother and father were in the room with you, pacing and chatting. Why?

Aster had yet to return.

You were calm and collected on the outside, but inside was like a volcano. You were worried sick about him! Was everything okay? Was he hurt? Where was he?

Your parents were assuring you that he'd be there, thinking more about the wedding than him. The wedding itself was supposed to start half an hour ago, and you were getting more worried by the minute.

You were about to get a glass of water for yourself when you heard a familiar voice, but not the one you expected.

"[Name]!! Where are you!" Jack called as he flew in, crash landing through the door. He tumbled a little bit, landing flat on his back, dazed. You rushed over to him.

"Jack! What are you doing here?" you asked, not sure whether to be happy or anxious by him being here.

"It's Bunny," was all he said sadly as he sat up. Your heart stopped for a second.

"Where is he? Where's my Aster?!" you shouted at him, wanting him to tell you.

"I can't explain everything, but we need you at the North Pole!" Jack said. No sooner had the words left his mouth that you were gone down your own rabbit hole. It took mere seconds to get to the pole. You hopped out and scared a few elves and a couple yetis' at your sudden entrance.

"Where's Aster!" you shouted. A big white bearded man turned and looked at you. You guessed he was North. Seeing you, he didn't even need to ask who you were. He walked over to you and set a hand on your shoulder.

"He is here, he's sleeping right now. Let me explain what happened." he said and you both sat down.

When the Guardians had met up with Pitch, they had been ambushed. Not really a surprise, but still a bit unexpected. There were so many Nightmares that no one had escaped unscathed. But Aster had gotten the worst of it. They had managed to kill most nightmares and escape.

As the story went on, your heart couldn't stop beating, it felt like it was going to go out of your chest. You had changed back to your true form, the stress being too much for you. You were almost in tears. Jack had appeared some time in the story and was rubbing your back comfortingly.

"Can I see him?" you asked after you had calmed down a little. North just nodded and lead you through the halls of his workshop to where Aster was sleeping. He stopped at a wooden door and turned to you. He gave you a reassuring squeeze on your shoulder before walking away. You faced the door and took a deep breath before walking in.

Aster lay on the bed on the far wall. You rushed over to him and took a closer look. He was covered in bandages and you could see some bruises through his fur. His eyes were closed and his breathing was shallow, but he was alive. You silently cried as you sat beside him in a chair that had been provided.

You reached over and took one of his paws in your hand. Leaning up, you gave a gentle kiss to his temple. He mumbled something in his sleep and shifted a little bit, but didn't wake up. His face was scrunched a little bit in pain, and he looked like he might be having a nightmare. SO to ease his mind, you started singing.

It started out as a feeling,

Which then grew into a hope.

Which the turned into a quiet thought,