Ch 3

"Oh! Um, hey." you said awkwardly. He gave you a small smile.

"Hey, how've you been? I haven't seen you in awhile." he said. 'Well I haven't wanted to see you.' you thought to yourself.

"I've been busy." you told him. He nodded and looked at the bag of clothes you had.

"Who're the cloths for?" he asked you. You panicked. You couldn't exactly say that they were for you. They were way too big, and totally not your style.

"Um, they're for a guy I'm living with now. He got a cold in the woods last night." you muttered out. He looked surprised.

"Oh, w-what's your relationship with this guy?" he asked, a little concerned.

"He's just a . . . friend. My father introduced us." you said, bluffing easily. He seemed relieved.

"Oh, well, I hope he gets better." he said. You nodded.

"Yeah, me too." you said and started walking away.

"Wait!" he called after you, grabbing your wrist. You turned back to him, confused. "Um, can I, call you sometime? Maybe visit? I miss you." he said, a slight blush on his face. You were surprised, and maybe, a tad hopeful?

"Sure," was all you said. He smiled and your heart throbbed. "I'm kinda in a rush so . . ." you trailed off. He released your wrist and took a small step back. You were like a sister to him, that's why he broke it off, he just couldn't imagine himself kissing you. He loved you, just not in the romantic way.

"Oh, right, better get back to your friend." he said sheepishly. You nodded and walked to the cash register to buy the food. Your emotions were all in a whirl, but you put them aside for now and rushed back to your cabin.

When you arrived, you put all the bags on the couch and went to check on Aster. He was in the same spot where you left him, sound asleep. You felt something in you, and it felt familiar. Then remembered feeling this same thing when you first saw your ex as more than a friend. Could you be falling for Aster?

No, this was just worry. You put those thoughts out of your mind and cleaned his washcloth, putting the colder, cleaner cloth back on his head. You left his cheek. His temperature had gone down a little bit.

You stood up and walked back to the kitchen. You got out a pan and started warming up some chicken soup. You giggled to yourself, chicken soup for the chicken brain. You stirred the soup until it started to boil and steam, telling you it was ready to serve.

Once it was, you poured it into a bowl and grabbed a spoon. Carefully, you carried it back to your bedroom and set it on your bedside table. You pulled up a chair and set in next to the bed, close to Asters head. You sat down and looked at him for a while, just thinking.

"You know, it occurred to me that I don't even know your name." Aster rasped out as he opened his eyes and looked at you. You gave a dry chuckle.

"It's [Name]." you told him as you stirred the soup.

"[Name]." he repeated. Your heart fluttered as you heard it roll off his tongue. "What is that?" he asked, looking at the soup. You smiled.

"It's chicken soup, for the chicken brain," you said, good heartedly this time. He gave you a half hearted glare.

"Don't call me that." he muttered. You giggled and set the soup down.

"At any rate, it'll make you feel better. Here, let me help you sit up." you said, standing up and grabbing some extra pillows. You snaked an arm under his back and helped him sit sit up right, you then put all the pillows behind him and let him lay back against them.

"Comfy?" you asked. He shifted a little bit, but then nodded.

"Yeah," was all he said. You sat back in the chair and grabbed the bowl of soup. It had cooled down by now. You shifted to the edge of the bed and stirred the soup a little more before taking a spoonful and holding it to his mouth.

"Here, say 'Ahhh'~" you said. He looked at you like you were crazy. You sighed. "You can't maneuver a spoon and bowl with human hands, much less your Pooka paws. And I'm not letting you change into human form anyway so I'll feed you. All you need to do is open and close your mouth, and swallow." you said to him. He mulled over this before nodding. You smiled at him.

"Okay, now say 'Ahh'~" you repeated. You could see a slight blush under his fur as he opened his mouth and took the spoon in. You pulled it out and spooned more. It was silent as you fed him, and unconsciously, you started to hum.

"Um, I'd like to apologize, for all things I've said to you. Could we, start over?" Aster asked while you were spooning another spoonful of soup. You paused and stared at the soup, then a small smile spread across your face.

"I'd like that. And you shouldn't be the one to apologize, I said a lot more terrible things to you than you did to me." you said. "So yes, let's start over. I'm [Name] [Last Name]." you said, holding out a hand. Aster shook it.

"E Aster Bunnymund, nice to meet you." he said. You smiled and his heart fluttered. What was this?

"Now, Aster, you need to finish up your soup!" you said, holding up another spoon full. He chuckled and it was your turn for your heart to flutter. His chuckle was so deep and masculine, you blushed, you couldn't explain why you liked it. You finished feeding him the soup and the two of you got into a conversation. Unfortunately, you got interrupted by the phone ringing.

"Hello?" you asked as you picked it up.

"[Name]?" it was your ex.

"Hey," you said.

"Hey," he repeated.

"I didn't think you'd call me so soon." you said, he chuckled.

"Well, I want things to be back to normal as soon as possible so-" he said. Your heart hurt at the 'back to normal' part. You still loved him a little.

"Y-yeah, me too." you lied. You talked for a while. You ended up laughing at things he said, and enjoying his call. When you were done, you turned back to Aster. He gave you an annoyed look.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Just a friend." you told him, sitting back down on the chair.

"Just a friend?" he asked. You nodded.

"Yeah."

"So it wasn't the guy who broke your heart?" he asked. You paused, shocked that he would say something like that. You just ended up looking away, not answering him.

"You should get some sleep, you'll need to make a full recovery soon. My friend is going to come over for a visit in a couple days." you said and left the room. Things had gotten really awkward between you two really quickly.

'Give it some time' you thought to yourself. Everything was going to be fine.