The next Day (part 1)

You didn't know what was wrong with you.

It was horrible, awful, disgusting- just everything  bad you could think of!

Something was wrong with you. That had to be it. Sick in the head or something, well, more so than usual. You were addicted.

Before when you lived in your own time, you were depressed almost 24/7.

Everything was so phony to you. It was fake and sad and hollow.

Here though. It was dark and vivid and... Real. It was the most real thing you'd seen... FELT... In a long time... Aku accepted you here. There wasn't much to worry about. It was... It was GOOD. Of all things in your life to be GOOD it was living with a Demon Lord. A Demon Lord... Who let you be you... Well, you hardly doubt there was much you COULD have hid from Aku in the first place, but still. You felt happy around Aku. He made you happy. You weren't sure he cared too much. But he still cared. More about your well being than your family ever had. All they cared about was your 'FUTURE'. Your well being and happiness wasn't much concern for them unless it stopped you from working or learning.

Aku was so refreshing in the way he treated you. No one treated you as delicately as he did either, -given that you are one of the tallest people where you come from, but still; you weren't a sack of bricks for people to push and punch.

The point was Aku made you happy. When he left, even for a little while, even to the next room, you felt the happiness slowly fade away until your depression sellted in again. Like right now. You knew Aku was just sitting in the other room reading a book you told him to grab from the future you lived in. But you felt the happy drain from you.

...

You climbed down from where you were sitting and entered Aku's study. You stared at his towering black form. He was facing away from you now, so you took a minute and just stared at him. You felt some of the happy return. But also somthing else...
Anxious. You felt like you were...
Like you were about to see a highschool crush... Like... Like..

"(yn), what are you doing standing down there-

-Aku's POV-

-come here girl" I said as I picked (yn) up off the floor. I had been so caught up in the book I had that I almost didn't notice her. I sat the small girl down on the desk I was sitting at, near the top of my book. She was red in the face. How long had she been standing there I wonder? I looked at (yn) she didn't say anything, just sat there at the edge of the book. I put my arm on the table and rested my head in my arm, before continuing the literature in front of me. I had read about six pages before I saw her slowly scoot closer to the open story. At first it looked like she was just looking at the words and how the ink looked on the paper. Which she might have been.

However after watching (yn) she looked up at me from the corner of her eye. She was reading it upside down. She of course looked away from me as soon as our eyes caught each other. "So.. Ah... Do you like (f. Bk) Aku? I know it's kind of... Dumb but..." she looked away from me completely as she spoke. It made me feel... Bad somehow, sad maybe?

"I wouldn't be reading it if I didn't at least SOMEWHAT like it.." I pushed her from the top of desk to the front of my face. She was sitting cross-legged, her hands in her lap. She was turning red again. I stared as I brushed her hair back with one of my fingers. She got more red, funny enough I saw her ears move back.