10. Boat Throwdown

"Everyone's aware of the plan, right?" I asked. "Aria, you'll be hanging back with Clint and Natasha. You're our line of defense. Thor, Steve, Tony, and I will confront Ultron once we have visual. And Bruce, you opted to stay in the jet. Aria, if you ever get into trouble, that device we gave you for your ear, use it. Or just contact me."

We all left the jet, minus Bruce, as we landed ourselves onto Klaue's ship and snuck around, branching off into two groups. My hair was back in a plait, and the rest of my team was in their Avenger getup. I couldn't wait to get my own suit.

"How are we supposed to find Ultron if we don't know where Klaue is?" I asked. "This ship is massive."

"Most likely he's in his office," said Tony. "We find the office, we'll probably find Klaue and Ultron."

"Provided the murder bot hasn't killed the man yet."

We snuck past crew, having a lot of cover to use for our advantage.

What if we happen to find Ultron first? asked Aria.

Then engage, I told her. Or stall him if you can so we can all take him together.

My ears picked up some ruckus. I motioned the team forward, and I saw a man bounce down a flight of stairs. My nose picked up an iron smell, blood. This has to be Klaue. We were silent spectators as Ultron emerged. He wasn't in that crappy body from before, he had upgraded since.

"It's a thing with me," Ultron said to Klaue. "Stark is, he's a sickness!"

"Ah, Junior," Tony said through his Iron Man helmet. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to," said Ultron.

I picked my head up at noticing Pietro and Wanda Maximoff flanking Ultron. They both looked very displeased to see us. He recruited the twins? It wasn't that far of a stretch, considering we had fought them in Sokovia. HYDRA had gotten to their minds. They must still see us as enemies, and Ultron shared that notion about us.

Good thing we reached Aria when we did.

"We don't have to break anything," said Thor.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet," said Ultron.

"He beat me by one second," Tony said.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark," said Pietro Maximoff. "It's what, comfortable? Like old times?"

"This was never my life."

"You two can still walk away from this," Steve told the twins.

"Oh, we will," Wanda Maximoff mocked him.

"I know you've suffered."

"Ugh! Captain America!" Ultron butted in. "God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," said Thor.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Yuh-huh," said Tony. "What's the Vibranium for?"

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan."

"Damn it!" I hissed as murder bots emerged and began to swarm us. I heard Klaue shout something along the lines of telling his men to shoot and kill us. It wouldn't be an Avenger fight without the added drama.