Chapter 7

*Dex's POV*

I close Sophie's door gently behind me. I guess I kinda knew from the beginning Sophie didn't have feelings for me. I'm surprised I don't feel extremely, disappointed. Perhaps I didn't really like her in that way in the first place? Or maybe I've just realized we're better as just friends anyway. Whatever it is, I'm glad we're only friends. I really couldn't ask for a better best friend.

Just before I open my door I here a familiar voice.
"You ok there?"
I turn around too see the concerned face of Biana.

I give a little smile. "I'm fine."
"You sure?" She asks. "You look kinda sad."
"It's nothing." I say shaking my head a bit.

Her eyes fill with understanding. "I see." She says. "If you ever need to talk, I'm here. I've been rejected by a friend before too you know."

She turns and walks to her room. I stand there confused for a moment. What was that? I shake my head, clearing it, and enter my room.

I then lay down on my bed and take a well deserved nap.

*Fitz's POV*

Sophie does not like Dex as anything more then a friend!!! I sit here silently screaming to myself. Its just between Keefe and I now.

I know I have to do something before Keefe. But what? Should I just proclaim my love to her, or ask her on a date, or what should I do?!?"

Tomorrow I decide. Tomorrow I will do something. I'm not exactly sure what it'll be at the moment, but I've got to do something before I lose her.

Then I here a small knock on my door.
"Come in." I say and get up from my desk.

A small golden haired girl with beautiful brown eyes enters my room. At the sight of her I instantly feel something I only feel around her. Something I've never felt around anyone else before. Something only she can make me feel. "Sophie."

"Hi." She gives a small, shy wave. I'm about to smile back when I notice her eyes glisten with tears.
"What's wrong?" I rush over to her in concern.

"I just-" she gives a little sob. I wrap her in a warm hug. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She dries her eyes the best she can and nods.
"I think I've hurt Dex." She says in a small voice.

Oh. This was what she wanted to talk about.

"He says he likes me and wants to be more then a friend." Sophie starts telling me info I already know thanks to my little, eavesdropping. But I nod silently as if it is my first time hearing this.

"Fitz," she says in a whisper, "I don't like Dex that way. I can't." She starts blushing fiercely and in an even quieter voice she says, "My hearts already taken by someone else."

So she admits she likes someone, the question is...
...who?
Mwahahahahahaha

~ penguin9007