The Fight for Freedom

As Jasmine drifted unconscious, leaving the shore of life, floating away into nothingness, the battle raged on. Lief continuously blew on the Pipe. Each piercing note tore at the darkness, wounding the Shadow Lord each time. But less. Each note caused his retreat, but after, he would charge forward.

Too strong...

The Shadow Lord was recoiling less and less. Soon he won't retreat back at all, Lief reflected grimly. He saw Zeel and Equinom frantically talking, until some agreement was made. Zeel's eyes and hands glowed silver, Equinom blue, and they floated and zapped beams at the darkness. Everyone heard the bellow of rage. Everyone knew that their friends' abilities would give them an advantage, or at least even the odds with the shadow Lord. Lief blew on the Pipe, blue and silver beams blasted, until it was all too much. The Shadow Lord bellowed his rage, a scream of terror, and then the shadowy figure exploded, Lief called it. And the darkness was no more. The momentum of Maverlain's destruction knocked everyone off their feet, Zeel and Equinom were forced back while still airborne, Jasmine who had floated through the whole battle was pushed, and then she fell, Lief still grasping the Pirran Pipe tightly, fell onto the hard, dry, land. But they got up again because heroes don't give up.

"Where's the Pirran Pipe anyway?" Jasmine asked curiously.

"I took it back when you were unconscious." Lief answered.

"We did it." The three spun around and met Sonia's sparkling green eyes. She smiled.

"We did." Lief repeated with a smile.

"We all did." Jasmine indicated the entire team, the thought of her influence did not even come close to her fast-thinking mind.