3

Finn and Rory stuck together working the room. There were so many people there to support and celebrate with them. The pride on Rory's face for the man she loved couldn't be more obvious.
The Morgan group under their Co management had just received global accreditations. Best company to work for. Best places to stay. The most successful business man less than thirty. This is why they were here tonight. It seemed right after all the obstacles they celebrate such a great achievement.

Finn stood in place ready to give his speech, Rory was close just off to the side.

Silence engulfed the room and with a smile from Rory he started.

"Ladies, gentlemen, friends and honored guests. I thank you for attending this evening. As all of you in this room I'm sure am aware I have had a very rocky road to walk down. Tonight on the third anniversary of the untimely death of my parents I have asked you all here to celebrate with me. Whilst I am honored to be given the title most successful business man less than 30 it is not what I wish to celebrate. I wish for us to celebrate life. The Life of the people that made it all possible for me. Help me celebrate the life my parents had, the life they helped me achieve. But mostly help me celebrate all of you. Without the input of every single person gathered in this room I would not be the man I am today. For that I thank you. Saving the best till last help me celebrate the savior of my life. The woman who was by my side through the good, the bad and the seemingly impossible. She never once questioned my actions; she showed me support and friendship which I was honored to turn into a relationship." Finn held out his hand and Rory walked to his side taking hold of it. "The grief she helped me battle through was my nemesis. The event that caused my grief however was hers. Only a handful of people know that Rory was witness to it all standing helpless as it happened." Gasps rang through the room. "In the early days we stood together, a friendship established in college rekindled and used as a foundation for what we have now. Without the care and compassion she showed me I am in no doubt I would not be here today. You have my eternal gratitude. So raise a glass. To my parents, to yourselves and to Rory because without those things I would not be where I am today. To life." Finn raised his glass to the room "to life" they repeated.

Finn leaned and kissed Rory tenderly. "Thank you." He said simply.
He could see the tears sitting in her eyes. Wrapping his arm around her waist he led her to a secluded room. As the door closed behind them Rory flew into his arms. He held her tight and whispered "I love you, your my everything" into her ear.
Rory tightened her hold on him. "I love you too Finn you are an amazing man. I couldn't be me without you. You're a huge part of me."

They stood holding each other for a while longer.
"Shall we rejoin the room?" Finn asked her.
"Sure let's see this night out as it was intended."

The night was filled with dancing and drinking. They joined their college friends who had now come to understand more after the speech Finn made.

"We have so much catching up to do." Steph said to Rory. "Are you both settling in the area now?"
"No. It's a little more complicated than what you realize. We have brought a house in Hartford for when we're here but our main home is Australia." Rory laughed ironically.
"What's that laugh for?"
"It's just hit me how much has changed. There's so much you don't know about Finn or myself now but mostly who would have thought that I would be calling Australia home? Especially with how close I am to my mother."
Steph could see her point. "So when do we lose you again."
"Never Steph If you're willing to be, your back in our life for good. We have another few days before we return, we do have a company to run after all. How about you all come to our house tomorrow for lunch. We can fill you in on the lost years and catch up properly."
"That sounds like a plan."
"What plans are you concocting now love?" Finn asked standing behind Rory and wrapping both arms around her.
"Everyone is coming to our house for lunch tomorrow. We can give them the whole picture in a more relaxed atmosphere."
"Sounds good, you ready to get out of here?"
"Sure. Steph any time after 12 tomorrow. Bring them all with you."
"You can count on it."

They bid farewell to all the important people gathered and headed out through the media frenzy to their waiting car.
Finn pulled her close to him and her head rested on his chest.
"How have we managed to keep all this quiet for so long?" Rory pondered.
"I have no idea love. You're sure you want it all out in the open?"
"It needs to be Finn. We're spending more and more time over here. Whilst we have our privacy at home we don't have that luxury over here and when the announcements are made Tuesday night we will have no peace when we come over."
Finn smiled at Rory. "Your right and I know you are. but bigger than that. You referred to Australia as home."
Rory looked up at him and reached to kiss him. "How could I not. Just look at what Australia gave me. Eternal happiness, how could anywhere but Australia be home after giving me so much."
He held her tighter and kissed her with nothing but raw emotion running though him.