4

By 11.30 everything was set. The food was ready to go and the furniture was set out on the decking ready for their guests to arrive.

At 12.15 the door bell chimed signalling the arrival of their college friends. Rory looked over at Finn, he held out his hand to her and they went to open the door.
"Ready?" he asked
"In omnia paratus." she smiled at him.
He quickly kissed her and opened the door.
It was a mass of greetings. The whole gang had come together. Robert, Colin, Logan, Steph and two suprise additions of Rosemary and Julliet. Although not expected they were as welcome as the rest.

They headed out to the garden and offered drinks to every one. When they were all settled the conversation flowed easily. Rory and Finn were caught up on everyone's lives over the past few years that they had been absent.

Robert was vice chairman of the families construction firm. He had taken a year off after college to travel the world and joined the company on his return. They were responsible for building a large percentage of the skyscrapers that were found in every city. They also build high end hotels for larger companies.

Finn chuckled. "I knew that part mate you've built six of our new places over hear in the past two years."

Robert was shocked at this revelation. "I had no idea we did business together."

"I wasn't ready to make myself known back her again yet so it's a company under a different name. It will all make sense soon enough. However I wouldn't trust just anyone with my business which is why we went with you."

Colin had joined the family law firm. He had only graduated from law school the previous year and was still in a junior position. He was working through the company so he would be able to make partner and eventually take over. "Your going to tell me that we represent you now arnt you." Colin asked.

Rory smiled. "That's my area actually and yes you have been representing us. Or actually your farther has. But before you get mad we had him sign a confidentiality agreement which prohibited him from discussing who we were."

Colin was shocked at the revelation. "I'm just pleased you chose to sick with your friends even though we wasn't in contact."

Rosemary and Julliet had both married and become society wives. They were both very happy and played an active role in all society events.

Steph had followed her dream. She was an up and coming fashion designer. Rory smiled at her.

"No. Oh my god no. You. Your my international client." Rory nodded. "But what about."

"We will get there Steph." Rory cut her off. "In good time we will get there."

Logan had taken over the online side of HPG. "But you already knew that didn't you Rory? Would I be safe to assume that the blog writer I have on my staff is you using the name  Lily-Dee Branford?"
Rory laughed. "Yes that would be me. And I'm suprised you haven't realised that sooner. You know my writing style and think about the name. We spent ages giving you a subtle hint of  who it was."

"Oh. Oh. How did I not see it. Branford was your dorm building. But Lily-Dee?"

"Yeah how many times have you written the initials next to assignments and smiled. LDB."

Logan laughed "a lot to be honest. I gave you more assignments because of the initials. Very good gilmore."

Steph was first to address them. "So now you both know all about us. I think it might be your turn to fill us in."

"All in good time Steph but first we eat." Finn said and they all made their way to the kitchen to help bring out the food.

They sat eating and enjoying lighter topics enjoying the bonds that were being built after so long apart from each other. Once finished they all cleared the table and sat down again. Rory sat with her legs stretched lazily across Finn's lap their hands laced together.

"I guess there are many questions coming our way. But hopefully the majority will be answered with the recap on our last few years." Rory said addressing the group.