Twenty-Three

Louis had to admit the school had out done themselves. The school hall had literally been transformed from how it looked earlier that day.

He was stood at the doorway with Eleanor hanging on to his arm. He felt pretty confident this evening, he felt he looked good. He had really tight black dress trousers on which fitted him brilliantly round the bum. He'd already had comments on how good his best asset looked this evening. He indeed had a burgundy shirt on. When he bought the trousers he didn't realise they came with suspenders. And he swore to never set foot near suspenders after the incident at the year 8 disco. But he had them on and he felt he looked good. He had to turn up the ends of his trousers because they were too long, but he didn't mind, it made it more like him.

He had rolled the sleeves of his shirt up slightly so you could see his tattoos. He didn't like them not being on show so made sure they were. His fringe was stuck up in a curly kind of quiff. He thought it looked pretty cool and the ran round like a wave.

"Fucking hell you scrub up well Tommo" Perrie exclaimed looking him up and down. She looked truly beautiful tonight, Zayn thought so too the way he was showing her off. "You look beautiful Perrie" she blushed slightly grinning back at her boyfriend. She had a lilac dress on with a lilac flower crown that matched her hair. She looked simple but she looked flawless.

-

Harry walked up to the geeks who were running the music. He explained to them what he was trying to do and they nodded. "What's your cue?" they asked him. Harry pushed his lips together showing off his dimples. "Ah... when I get on the stage and start looking like I'm about to shit myself". The two boys nodded at him. Harry walked back over to his group of friends.

"Nervous?" Niall asked. Harry nodded with a pained look on his face "what if he completely rejects me". Niall shook his head passing him a beer. "He won't. Trust me I'm irish"

He could see Louis across the room talking to a group of people. The way he looked tonight literally took Harry's breath away. He looked so innocently beautiful, the way his hair swirled into a slight quiff, his cheek bones looked really defined when he thought about answering questions. The way his trousers were too big for him so had to roll them up.

He felt a slap on the back and turned round to see Zayn grinning at him. "How are you feeling" Harry un did his top button and loosened out his collar slightly. "I'm shitting myself" he replied honestly. Zayn smiled at him "you'll be fine, it will be amazing i promise". Harry nodded taking in a deep breath.

About 30 minutes had passed before Harry plucked up enough courage to do what he came here for. Niall had to practically carry Harry up to the stage because he kept finding reasons not to do this but before he knew it Niall had shoved him on the stage and was left there blinking at the audience.

He tapped the microphone and the music died down. He looked at the two boys manning the music and smiled slightly at them. "Uh... hi" he said to everyone who had now turned to look at him. "Uh... I'm Harry for those who don't know me" a few people sniggered at what he said which made him feel a bit more confident.

He took his hands out of his pockets and made sure he stood confidentially. "Basically... I have a few things I need to say so I figured that I might as well say it here... so hear me out ok". He took in a deep breath. "This is going out to someone very special. Now this person has been in my life for quite a long time, I absolutely fucking hated them for ages. But about two months ago we got made to work together in a group and I realised what an amazing person they are".

Louis looked up from his conversation and looked at the boy on the stage. He frowned listening to the speech. "I slowly started to fall in love with them, don't get me wrong I didn't want to love them, I was fine with hating them". More people started to laugh at what Harry was saying, he felt completely comfortable up there now. "But they're one of those people who are one in a million, and they're very rare, and you know you're very lucky to know them because there's no one else out there quite like them".