Shopping

-Bella POV-

After an agonising car ride we finally made it to the mall. Renesme immediately jumped out of the car and started to run towards the mall. If I wasn't the who was pregnant I wouldn't believe that she was my child.

"Come on Bella before we loose sight of her." Alice said and dragged me out of the car.

I ran after Renesme and soon caught up with her at Forever 21. She was just stood looking inside the store.

"What are you lo-" I started to asked but was cut off by a voice that in all honesty I could've gone the rest of my life without hearing.

"Bella, so nice to see you again." Lauren greeted and walked towards us with the rest of my friends following behind her.

"Who's this?" Mike asked looking at Renesme.

"This is my adoptive daughter." I told them and started to rub Renesme's hair.

"Adoptive?" Angela questioned.

"Sweetie why don't you go to auntie Alice she's just down there with Aunt Rosalie. Do you see them?" I asked and pointed to Alice and Rosalie but I knew she could see them.

She nodded playing along with my lie and ran off to her aunts. When I turned back around to face my friends they all looked confused.

"Edward's cousin was coming down to visit us after the wedding with his wife and daughter because they were in London for the wedding. On the drive down here a drunk driver hit them and killed him and his wife. We found out that I couldn't have kids and we didn't want Renesme to go into an orphanage so we adopted her. The death is still fresh and she still gets upset so whenever we explain it we always make sure she can't hear us or else she'll have a panic attack." I lied and looked back at Renesme who was now running towards me.

"Momma, Momma. Look what Auntie Alice bought me." She squealed and held up a nice dress.

"That's great honey, I hope you said thank you." I told her.

She nodded her head and came to hug me tightly. I hugged back but was confused about the hug. Don't get me wrong, I loved her hugging me but she usually did it for a purpose.

"What was that for?" I asked as she pulled away.

"I'm still scared about my dream. I don't want to loose you or Daddy." She cried and buried her head in my stomach.

I lifted her up and gently placed her head on my shoulder and let her cry it out.

"It's okay sweetie. Me and Daddy will be just fine, we promise." I soothed and started to rub her back.

"How comes she called you Momma and Edward Daddy if you're not her real parents and as you said, the death is still fresh?" Lauren asked, trust Lauren to ask that question. It's a good thing the stories a lie to be honest.

"It helps her cope." I simply answered and continued to try and soothe Renesme.

"Oh okay. So, what dream is she talking about?" Lauren asked again. This time Renesme cried harder for real causing a sharp pain to shoot through my chest.

"I would much rather not talk about it with her around." I told them as politely as I could.

"Okay that's understandable." Angela replied subtly glaring at Lauren.

"Bella, Edward needs to speak to you." Alice informed and ran up to me handing me her phone.

I picked it up and was immediately greeted my the voice of my angle.

"Bella, love? Are you and Renesme okay?" He frantically asked.

"Yeah we're fine, why to you sound worried?" I asked getting concerned.

"There are vampires in the area, I was just making sure that you were okay. You sure you're fine? I know how you can be." I laughed slightly at him.

"We're fine Edward, I promise." I reassured then just for good measure have the phone to Renesme. "Tell Daddy we're fine, he doesn't believe me." I whispered to her.

"We're fine Daddy, I promise." She spoke into the phone with her cute little voice.

"Okay princess but if anything happens or you see any bad people you have to tell Momma. Okay?" Edward told her.

"Okay Daddy, I love you." She said before hanging up the phone and giving it back to Alice.

"You could've gave him chance to say something else." I joked still laughing a little.

"It's okay, I'm sure he would've just said what he usually said." She told me making us all laugh at how predicable my husband was.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Be safe. Listen to your Momma. Make sure you keep your promise. Be good. I love you and your Momma." She told me making me laugh at the accuracy.

"You're right. Do you want to start shopping now?" I asked.

"Yeah! Can go get some candy as well?" She asked hopefully.

"After dinner." I sighed placing her back on the floor.

"She's cute." Angela commented after Renesme ran back to Alice and Esme.

"I know. I hope she never grows up." I sighed looking at Renesme and Alice laughing before turning back to my friends.

"Well it was good seeing you Bella but we have to go." Mike told me before hugging me briefly followed by Angela before they all walked off.

I guess it's time