chapter 11

Song- reminding me by shawn hook and vanessa hudgens

Katherine turned around to face ella. She felt the hairs on her neck stand. This wasn't meant to hapen like this. This wasn't even meant to happen.

Ella stood at the bottom of the stairs rubbing her sleepy eyes. Looking past katherine and at the strange man standing in their living room talking to her mom.

Katherine turned to look at james. His face had transformed, a smile plastered on his face his eyes bright and a look of love and adoration was written all over him.

"Is she-" he started speaking aiming it at katherine but his eyes never leaving his baby

"Yes" katherine cut his question of sharply before Ella heard what he was about to ask.

James took a few steps towards ella before speaking "hi ella" he spoke calmly, warmly with such a gentleness katherine never would have recognised him.

Ella looked at him and blinked a few times "are, are you God?" Her question startled katherine. It startled james too. He blinked a few times and confusion slowly etched on his face and he turned to look at katherine.

She knew her mother had taken ella to some bible camp whilst she was staying with her but she never expected ella to be so interested. She turned to james and mouthed the word mother to him. He had obviously met katherines mother a woman with great faith in the christian teachings. She went to church as often as she washed her hair. He nodded signalling he understood and turned back to ella who was now examining james head to toe.

"Thats a good guess ella, it would explain why im so handsome" james replied chuckling, katherine couldn't help but smile as she saw ellas face light up in delight she had made God laugh after all. "No I'm not God, you can gave another guess though" he suggested when hr saw her smile fade at the confession he wasnt the almighty.

"Um granda?" She asked him this made katherine burst out in laughter. James looked at ella and his face contorted into something that looked like pain his poor ego.

Ella seemed unfazed by the glare he was sending her.

"No ella im not your granda but i am your daddy" james spoke to her his tone sounded calm but his face was twisted his ego just took a massibe blow one katherine knew would stick.

Ellas arms dropped from the stair railing and she walked cautiously towards him. "Daddy?" Her tiny eyebrows raised and katherine watched her eyes light up and her arms stretch out towards the man who claimed to be her father. Her pace quickened as she rushed to him. James got down on his knees as she came barralling towards him and opened his arms for her.

A tear slid down katherines cheek as she watched the reunion she had once dreaded.

"I missed daddy, i thought you didnt love me" ella cried out as her arms wrapped around james neck and his arms closed around her

"i missed my baby girl too, i love you so much." James smiled at the feeling of the little girls hands around his neck. Not just any little girl but his. This was without a doubt one of the happiest moments of his life.

Katherine watched two important people in her life unite and the smiles on thier faces brought tears to her eyes realising just how much ella needed a father in her life.

"Mummy do you love daddy too?" Ella asked katherine making james turn and look at her, waiting for her reply this is the make or break moment for them. He had told her the truth now she has to do the same.

"Um your daddy and i live eachother very much" katherine muttered. James smiled at her and ella grinned

Katherine felt bad she couldn't tell her little girl she hated him. Though she didnt she wasnt sure whether what she was feeling could exactly be described as love either.

"Is daddy staying in our house now?" Ella asked yawning.

"No baby girl" james replied before katherine could. "You are gonna be here and im going to live at my house but its ok because ill visit you all the time" james smiled at ella scooping up in his arms as he watched her yawn.

"Now lets get you too bed" he whispered. Ella nodded and pointed up the stairs showing him the way to her pink princess room.

Leaving katherine standing alone in the living room thinking about what had just happened how quickly ella took to her father was astounding. She needed him in her life katherine felt her heart strings pull a little at the thought of leaving her baby alone. This could be her way out her way to a happy future with her daddy.

"Shes just like you" his smooth voice surrounded katherine she turned and her eyes found james leaning against the door frame. She blinked away the tears that started to well up in her eyes "she has big doe eyes. And a beautiful smile" he winks at katherine sending sparks and tingles through her body

"She is perfect" katherine replied smiling when she thought of ella.

"When can i see you both again?" James asked his face was happy but katherine could see the fear in his eyes. Fear of rejection?

"How about tomorrow we will all meet for dinner say around seven" katherine asks him raising an eyebrow.

James high voltage smile appeared and he noded "yes thats perfect, thanks so much katherine it means the world to me." She could tell he was genuinely happy.

"She deserves to knoe her father i have no right keeping you two appart if you are willing to stay and be part of her i should encourage it" katherine spoke softly she knew he was happy and ella was happy she couldnt stand in the way of thier relationship alot of children with single parents never get this oppertunity it would be wrong to let it slip through ellas fingers.

"Ill see you tomorrow night then" he waved goodbye and she showed him out of the house he turned and looked into Katherines eyes "by the way you can keep the shirt it looks good on you plus doesnt give me a half bad.view either" with a smirk he turned and left leaving katherine standing rosy cheeked and jaw dropped.

Happpy 10k guys i cant believe we have reached 10k reads so quickly heres an extra chapter as a thanks for all your support. If you would like to spread the word about this book or send me a review so i can put it in the descrition feel free to do so by commenting one or sending me a pruvate message. Thank you fore every single like and comment it means the world to me and be sure to keep reading xxxxx