chapter 19

Song- taylor swift : look what you made me do

It had already been one week. Nothing had changed. Katherine still lay in the hospital bed. James had paid for doctors to come in. Treat her.

She didnt want it. The false hope. She could tell it was her time and she had to accept it and eventually he would too. She spent her week playing with ella and scouring dating websites looking for james's perfect match. She didnt find one good enough.

James spent his time in the hospital with katherine and at work trying to sort out his company.

Katherine was supposed to be an organ donor but after a long talk they decided it would be best for everyone if she didnt. Her organs would be used for scoentific purposes and they felt ella would prefer her mother in one peice when she gets older.

The doctors james had called in where hopeful but after a check up shook their heads at james no words were needed. He was loosing hope.

Katherine sat up in her bed watching the clock. It was quater past two james would be her in 56 minutes and 37 seconds not that she was counting. The knock on her door startled her a little and she was even more supprised when the door open and there stood shelly in all her glory.

Her blomde hair curled to perfection. Heavy makeup caked her face. And her bright pink stilettos made her look long and awkward.

She grined at katherine devilishly before trying to walk in. She obvioisly couldn't walk in her shoes as she stumbled multiple times crossing the private hospital room katherine had attained.

"Well well. I must admit when i heard the glorified katherine saunders was sick i couldnt have been happier. And when i heard it was long term and you where on your death bed it was like a dream come true." Her voice came out scratchy. It hirt katherines ears to listen to this stuck io cow for longer than five seconds

Katherine sighed loudly "What do you want shelly?" Her eyes rolled in annoyance at the woman

"I just wanted ti let yiu know when your six feet under ill look after james for you" her snarky tone bothered katherine.

"You can stay away from him shelly he doesnt need a whore with a never ending list of std's trailing after him like a lap dog. James can take care of himself and even if he couldn't he would rather a stripper than yiu because frankly they have more class in their big toe than you have in your whole body."

Shelly stood gapeing at katherine like a fish completely shook at her honesty and straightforward comments. Katherine could guess the woman had been insulted before but to the extent katherine had taken it probably not.

She would have felt a little bad but after the comments shelly had come out with lately katherine thought. She deserved her moment just as much.

"Now katherine we were once friends" shelly tried to suck up seeming to have finally found her voice again.

"No shelly lets be honest for a moment here we were never friends, we never will be and if you try to associate yourself with me i would deny it ti anyone. As for me laying on my death bed as much as i wish i wernt it would be wrong to deny it but you can fucking bet when i die im going to haunt your ass so much you'll  wish your dead. " if it were even possible shellys jaw hung even more at katherines sharp words. She tried to compose herself straightening  her skirt and flipping her hair before giving katherine another sour look and leaving.

Adrenaline was coursing through katherine in those few minutes she was telling shelly off. Her heart was racing in anticipation and her fingers twitched itching to give the bitchs hair a rough tug. She missed thier confrontations they gave a twist ti her day and livend a dull day up.

The door slammed shut after shellys exit and all that remained was the smell of cheap knock of perfume she had purchased from the bargain store down the road.

Katherine picked up the book she had been reading earlier from the nightstand. A book titled the girl on the train. She loved it and had read it miltiple times. The author was so good at leading them through the story holding the readers attention and creating mystery.

Rachel the main character in book reminded her of someone she used to know. A woman whom was lost and strayed from the path she ince followed. The book hit home and made it even more special.

And just like every other time katherine read the book she found herself lost in it.

James walked in at exactly half four. He stayed till katherine fell asleep every night. Some nights he read to her other nights they reminisced over their young love and wild memories. And other nights he got on to the hospital bed and just lay holding her rocking her whilst he told her about his day.

The time she spent with him flew in. And when he wasnt there she counted the hours untilhe was.

The day was always ling but ella visited her in the mornings to keep her company alongside elena. Ella brought her paintings and read her some of her storybooks. The one thing that none of them ever did was talk about how long they had left.

They each knew thier time was limited but also that the more time they spent worrying the more time they were wasting. Instead they relished every moment in each others company and had fun.

James walked into the house that evening head low. Katherine was getting worse but he refused to tell her that. Instead they told her there was no progress and no deterioration.  No change.

He heard ellas giggleing comming from the kitchen and walked in to find her sitting at the island in the middle of the room sharing a tub of ben and gerrys ice cream with elena. He laughed and ella looked over at him smiling. Her mouth lined with chocolate remnants.

"Daddy your home" she smiled but didnt budge from her seat instead shovelling ice cream into her mouth again.

James chuckled and walked over pecking her cheek.

"Got another spoon?"

Authors note

This isnt my fav chapter buts i hooe you liked it whats going to happen to katherine?

Am i tue omly one who thinks shelly is a bit of a bitch?

Xxx