chapter 15

Song- heaven in hiding - halsey

Katherine looked around her bedroom sighing. Her things were packed in brown cardboard boxes sealed with the brown parcel tape she had bought the week before.

Her head was still trying to process what had happened the past couple of weeks. James taking ella out for walks and trips to the zoo and park. Ella had really started to establish a bond with her father and seemed happier because of it. She had been jumping of the walls all week with excitment at the fact they where to move in with her daddy today.

Katherine wanted one last look at the house where she raised her little girl. Alone. The house she held so many amazing memories and some not so nice ones. She was anxious to leave and move in with james but this was for ella more than anyone she couldnt always live in this house. That katherine knew.

She didnt know what to do about her medication. Her daily dossage of painkillers was increased and she had been taken off all ither meditations. They werent working.

James was to send a car for her and ella. She had initially refused his offer. She could drive herself but he wanted her to be safe therefore sje was sitting waiting for his chauffeur to arrive.

She was nervous ella on the other hand was not. She had made katherine take her shopping so she could buy a special outfit to supprise her daddy. Consisting of a little white and pink dress covered in flowers and a pair of pink pumps. She picked out a cute sparkly bag too. She walked around the house with a big cheesy smile showing of her handbag as if it was the beat thing in the world.

A knock on the front door alerted katherine that the driver was here. She opened the door and infront of her stood a tall man with dark hair and a sharp chizzled jaw line. His hair hidded underneath his uniform issued hat. He wore a suit which underneath she was positive he had a nice rack of abbs and muscles.

He smiled a half smile at her giving her a glimpse of his pearly whites "hi miss im here to escort you to mr saunders home." He greated her formaly "my name is bradley and i have been assigned as your driver"

She smiled shaking his hand back. "Nice to meet you bradley"

"Are you ready to leave mrs saunders?" He asked her still woth his formal tone.

She called out for ella and nodded to him. James had arranged a move in lorry to come and take her things. She had nothing to bring with her now her things would be at the house by tonight.

She locked the house door and followed bradley to the car. Well if it coild be called a car. Her jaw dropped when she saw a sleek black stretch limousine just parked off her drive. It looked brand new as if it didn't marr a single scratch or have a dent. Which it probably didnt considering Katherine knew how much pride james took in his cars.

She looked over her shoulder at her jome one last time before helping ella into the car and sitting beside her.

James lived on the other side of town. The richer part. She had money she wasnt stuck for it she had everything she wanted even when she was younger. She never cared for money. People presumed she did. That she only married james for his money but that wasnt the case.

Although she had money. Her home and james where in different catergories completely.

They drove through the streets full of massive houses the further they went the bigger they became. Katherine knew what to expect she had lived here once a long time ago but little ella sat with her nose pushed against the glass and both hands pressed in the window staring out at all the enourmous houses.

"Mummy why dont we live in these big houses?" She asked katherine fascinated.

Katherine smiled lightly "because they are expensive and i would rather spend money on my little angel."

Ella giggled a little and blew a kiss to katherine "i love you mommy"

"I love you more" katherine smiled brighter.

Ella was her little doll so precious and innocent living in a world full of arrogance and hatred she just hoped she would stay innocent.

Katherine closed her eyes cherishing each moment she spent with her baby. She had grown to accept the path that was painted for her. Grown to understand why this had happened to her. But it was times like this times when she saw her little girl flourish before her eyes that she really felt the weight of her illness of her fate.

James had asked her how long she would be willing to stay. She had asked how long he wished for them to stay. He had said forever. She had just shrugged and replied we'll see.

The look in his eyes was bright when he said forever. But dulled when he heard uncertainty in her voice. She was trying to fight the sparks. That part was obvious to her anyway. But she was trying to protect him. Of course he didnt know it yet.

Katherines thoughts where interupted when the car stopped and the driver hopped out holding open her car door.

"Mrs saunder welcome home" he smiled brightly.

Ella bounded out of the car and up the steps looking around at the garden.

Katherine hadnt realised how close they had been. She missed the large gates the driver had to imput a code to open. Missed the big fountain and huge drive up to the front door which was large with a stupid amount of steps before you reached the front door.

Katherine took a deep breath and finally stepped out of the car. She looked at the huge enterance and

Murmured under her breath "home"

So we didnt win chliche but engrossing in the romance award but we still have a chance. Shortlisted in best underrated so the fact we even got shortlisted for both is so amazing and its all thanks to your support. Go check the awards out and look at all the other talented writers we are up against.

I also want to thank you all for reading and getting 20k reads its amazing to think a small story could get so far so quickly xx

Any questions throw them out now xxx

@tadiananas