Surprise

Gabby

All my sadness has been subsided for the sake of my Christmas spirit.

It's Christmas Eve, I live in LA, my brother is alive, my mom is finally starting to find her happiness, I have an amazing boyfriend... there's too much to be happy about to waste time on being sad about my dad.

"I'm going over Ayden's, Mom!" I called out. I waved bye to Dom and left.

Before I could even knock on the door to Ayden's house, even though he tells me to just walk in, he had opened the door and was standing there with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey, Gabs, merry Christmas Eve!" With Ayden's present still at my side, I got up on my tip-toes and kissed his cheek.

"Merry Christmas Eve, Ayd."

He stepped aside to let me in and I handed him his gift.

"Open it." I instructed.

I may have been a bitch back at Seneca, but giving gifts was always my most favorite thing to do. Hell, I gave each and every one of my minions expensive jewelry as a Christmas present just because I enjoy giving, bitch or not.

I followed Ayden into his living room and he picked up a small box wrapped in fun Christmas wrapping paper from under his tree. He placed it on my hand gently.

"Let's open them at the same time." Ayden proposed.

With eagerness, I ripped off the fun wrapping paper and tossed it between Ayden and I where he already started a garbage pile.

Underneath all of the wrapping paper was a small pandora box. The box contained a cute necklace with a crown on it. It was gorgeous.

Completely distracted by the beautiful necklace that was in my hand, I forgot to watch Ayden's reaction to the gift I had I gotten him

When I looked at him, he already had the white adidas hoodie on over the t-shirt he was previously wearing.

I saw him eyeing it at the mall when we went while babysitting Lilly. It may not be anything extravagantly sentimental, but he seemed to like it.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." I replied. "Help me put it on?" I gently dropped the necklace in his hand and pulled my long hair out of his way. He found both ends to the necklace and draped it around my neck, clasping the ends together.

"How did you know I wanted this hoodie?" He sat back against the couch and put his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side.

I snuggled up closer to him. "I saw you eyeing it when we were in Winchester. I know it's not anything super special or expensive, but yeah." I murmured the last part awkwardly.

"I love it, Gabby. It came from you, giving it sentimental value." He kissed my temple.

The Grinch came on on the TV and Audrey must have heard it with her super hearing because she came sprinting down the stairs and plopping down on the couch next to me.