Chapter 3

Good news! I've decided to continue! I know nothing particularly exciting has happened yet but I promise it will in the next chapter. :D

It had been a full day since their capture and Hiccup and Fishlegs had just failed their third escape plan.

After 3 more shipments of wimpy teens, no more captors or any persons came through their hall of prison cells. It turns out that all of the kidnapped were taken from dragon-friendly villages, though none had gone as far as riding them except Berk. Some even though it impossible.

Some people were theorising why they were here, including Hiccup and Fishlegs. The suggestions were never pleasant. Suggestions ranged from being forced to befriend dragons to being sold as slaves. It seemed every idea was more horrifying than the last.

The Berkians cage mates weren't doing so well. The two girls who turned out to be sisters had fallen ill. The oldest of the two, Eldrid, had caught the sickness first then quickly passed it on to her caring little sister, Edna. It was scary how quickly they were getting worse. They decided to stay in the far corner of the cell to avoid getting the boys ill.

The blond haired boy, Thanatos or Than for short, had stayed quiet the whole time. He had only mentioned his name before getting too upset about something to say anything more.

Hiccup and Fishlegs were trying to make an escape plan. They decided that instead of trying to break out, they would flee the first chance they got, find and tame some dragons then fly back to Berk.

From where their cell was positioned, they couldn't see the outside world but they could still hear it clearly. It didn't sound pretty. Pained screams echoed down the hallway of cells, plenty of them from young vikings but most from dragons of all ages. Needless to say, everyone was scared.

Suddenly, startling everyone, a guard trudged down the prison hall chucking stale bread at the teens. He was well built, particularly in his upper body but didn't look like a big fan of hygiene. His teeth were yellow and one had even been replaced by a hold tooth; bead was made up of uneven, patchy stubble all and his hair which was probably supposed to be blonde was greasy and filled with specks of mud. As he handed out the bread, he crashed the metal bars of each cell making the young vikings jump. All the while shouting out the top of his lungs: "Dinner! Get your dinner! You're gonna need it!" And chuckling as he did so.

As he passed Hiccup's  cell the guard purposefully hit Hiccup in the face, prompting a sarcastic remark from the boy. "Mm, delicious," He muttered while examining the bread "my favourite dish."

The guard's head snapped back. "What did you say?" He demanded angrily.

"Oh, nothing." Hiccup replied nonchalantly, "just admiring this delicious looking meal. Fit for a king, it is."

The guard growled and crouched down in front of Hiccup's cell. "I'd watch that mouth of yours pipsqueak. You know I could put in a word for the ol' boss about you. Make sure that whatever he decides to do with you will be.. particularly painful." He finished with a grin. After no reply from Hiccup, he got up and continued down the hall.

"Jerk." Hiccup whispered.

"I heard that!" Shouted the guard.

"Shit."