Chapter 5

"I'm going to use you all for a little experiment.." Viggo announced menacingly to the teens who murmured in shock to one another. "As you've probably seen outside, I have come into possession of many, many dragons. I do believe my collection has grown to over five hundred and I don't intend on stopping just yet. If you're wondering how I managed to attain such a large number of dragons then I'll tell you: I created them." He clapped his hands and a guard pulled a small trolley covered with a white sheet to Viggo and then scurried off. Viggo lifted the sheet to reveal a small bottle of a pink potion-like substance. Viggo continued his speech, "There are many ingredients in this potion. Yellow oleander, a pinch of crushed and boiled dragon root, dragon saliva of any kind to name a few, but the most important ingredient? Changewing acid. Diluted changewing acid. And you know what's going to happen when I give this to you? Well I'll give you a hint: all those dragons outside used to be just like you."

Realisation flooded over the chained teens. Some began to cry, some began to shout protests like "Impossible!" and "This is inhumane!" and some stayed silent in fear. The guards yanked the chains that the teens were tied up by to quiet them, causing entire groups to stumble.

When everyone was silent again, Viggo continued. "Something we have discovered is that most people are psychologically predetermined to become one type of dragon. It seems that the more time you spend with and relate to a certain type of dragon, the more likely you are to become that dragon. That is also why you are all from dragon friendly villages, it's easier for you to become dragons because of your psychology. Being weak also makes it easier as well as being between the ages of nine to eighteen. If you are weak, you can't fight it. If you are young, you can't fight it. But if you are too young, it overpowers you and you lose your human mind." Viggo gave a sadistic grin with the final words of his sentence.  "Right then. If there are no questions, shall we gat started?"

Two guards opened a side door that they were standing by and another man walked out holding some paper. He was more well-built than Viggo, he wore a green dragon scale tunic, spiked shoulder and arm pads, his belt had a scull in place of a buckle and had brown boots. He had brown eyes and no hair save for his moustache and thin beard which were the same colour as Viggo's. He called out for a certain group. "Group A, you're up." The guard at the front of group A dragged the five teens through the door.

There was quiet for a good ten minutes. Then sounds of rattling chains and grunts from the teens came as they were probably being restrained. After those sounds died down, there was some fumbling around that could be heard and then there were screams. Just screams. Growing louder and louder and louder still. All the other groups listening outside were horrified. The younger ones covered their ears and the older ones just stood there, open mouthed and eyes wide.

Minutes went by and the screams continued but then suddenly, they stopped. Silence. The rattle of chains could be heard again and it sounded like they were being taken away. It wasn't long before the man returned to the remaining groups. He chuckled then asked: "Who's next?"