cell mates || chapter 3

I sat in silence not quite taking in what I had just been told, I prayed silently that maybe this was all one big misunderstanding or maybe it was a mistake, please let it be a mistake.

"Miss peters?"

"Emily"

I looked the warden dead in the eye, "but warden, this can't be happening this isn't right!"

I could appreciate the sudden comfort in his voice but it didnt get rid of the fact I was now visibly shaking, I just couldn't help letting my mind run on the fact those men could be very, very evil.

"im sorry, there is really nothing I can do except offer you my sincere apologies, it  really shouldn't be like this."

"thank you" was all I could muster together, i was terrified to the core about what i was going to have to face.

----- a few minutes later -----

As i was virtually dragged to a halt my feet lost balance for a mere second which costed me a deadly stare from officer... Bellick his name badge read.

i shot up and stood outside of a large gate leading into a room packed tightly with hungry, needy men who deserve nothing more than death. Which made me begin to think, why was i here with them?

I entered wearily, my legs shaking uncontrollably and my head hung low in embarrassment and utter shame.

Every cat call you could imagine being thrown at me left, right and centre.

"i'll show you a good time sugar." was one i heard a lot.

Their bodies pressed up against the bars in desperation to even get a glimpse of me, but Bellick didn't care so he gladly moved out the way receiving a cheer echoing throughout the prison.

Bellick stopped me outside one cell.

"OPEN ON 40"

"have fun boys, she's all yours" he said low with a smirk plastered across his face.

this was it, I thought to myself.

I finally lifted my head and was once again met with those mesmerising blue eyes shining into mine.

As he stood up I instinctivly backed into the far corner of the cramped cell.

"It's ok, I won't hurt you, I promise."  something about the calmness in his voice, calmed me down too.

"Michael Scofield" he dangled his arm out in front of him gesturing for a response.

Now I could place a name to the face. Michael.

"E..Emily. Emily Peters" I tried not to stutter, I was sure not to show weakness.

We shook hands after what felt like an eternity of silence, the warmth ness of his hand made me never want to let go.

"Aye MamI, me IIamo sucre." A heavily foreign voice spoke from the top bunk.

I didn't even realise there was someone else in this cell, I was too distracted with Michael.

"Hola, Me IIamo Emily." I spoke confidently after studying Spanish in school for 3 years.

Earning a mix of a shock and impressed look across his face, I guess he wasn't expecting me to be able to speak Spanish, there is a lot about me he will never know.

"You speak Spanish?" Michael broke the silence.

"solo un poco" (just a little)

Sucre shot me a glance, but this time a happy one.

"Well, nice to meet you Emily, you take the bottom bunk and I'll take the floor."

"no I insist, I'll take the floor, I never really sleep much anyway." speaking the truth, I had always had trouble sleeping ever since I was a child.

"Are you sure?" Michael spoke softly to me with what seemed like true, honest care.

"positive."

maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all...

--

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter, I have really enjoyed writing another chapter for you guys, Thank you so much for 50 reads already! I never even expected 1!!

What do you think of this chapter? do you think Emily's trusting Michael too soon or is he really the good guy he portrays??

Please comment any opinions of tips for future chapters xx