First encounter || chapter 5

Emily's POV
--
I began getting changed in record time, in all desire for the two men sharing my cell to not get a glimpse of me.

I momentarily blanked as a voice echoed between the walls making me jump.
"Is everything ok?"
I instantly recognised this voice as Michaels and quickly replied.

"Umm.. ye, yeh I'm all done"
I promised myself I would stay calm and take deep breathes which appeared a lot harder to do than I imagined...

Michale and Sucre turned around wearily obviously still cautious if I wasn't entirely finished getting ready, once they realised I had they both smiled and sat on their own bunks waiting for that deeply, dreaded voice which sent shivers up my spine.

"OPENING ALL CELLS"
The squeaking of the cell doors scraping against the woodchip walls made me grit my teeth, I was now open for all these men to 'play' with.

My mind wondered to dark thoughts, what if these men get near me! What if Michael doesn't keep his word to protect me! What if..... why, why couldn't I stop these thoughts what If the-

"Emily"
"Em?"

I shot my head up and met eyes with those dreamy orbs again, falling into yet another gaze..

Wow I really needed to stop daydreaming!

"Aye, Mami"

Sucres voice shook me from my thoughts.

"Oh, um sorry I was just... never mind"
"Did you need something?"
I replied with a tinge of sass which I instantaneously felt guilty about considering sucre had only ever been welcoming to me, maybe he'll see me for what I truly am.

Sucre was about to open his mouth to speak when a voice stopped him,

"Well what do we have here fish, a pretty newbie just for me!"

A man with a hollow face drenched in scars and obviously hadn't shaved in a while spoke up whilst licking his lips seductively.
His voice for some reason had an effect on me.

I was suddenly terrified again and backed once again into that very same corner.
Why, why did I keep making myself more vulnerable?

"Leave her alone T-bag"

Well now I could at least address the man,

'T-bag'

"She can make her own decisions scofield!" The man said, much sterner now with a strong hint of jealousy in his tone.

He turned out his pocket, which could only mean one thing, he wanted me. My body!

"Take this pocket pretty and I'll promise to protect you, what do you say?" He spoke confidently without a stutter or mumble, maybe he truly was a very, very sick man

My stomached flipped and I almost threw up, my eyes flickered between Michael and t-bag unsure of how to reply.

"No.....NO"
I spoke almost a little too surely..

His face dropped, it turned into a sudden anger as if he could kill someone, maybe he already has...

"SHE'S TOLD YOU HER ANSWER NOW LEAVE!"
Michael shouted at t-bag, his voice could intimidate anyone but also be so calming and reassuring at the same time.

"Watch your back peters, trust me this isn't over" those words brought back my most disturbing memory of my ex..

--flashback--

I was approaching the door to my New York apartment when I noticed the door slightly ajar, i stopped in my tracks and instinctively peered around the corner, without luck I pondered into the apartment weary of the noise I was making. There was know one here except the remains of what seemed like forced entry.

I was terrified,

The kitchen was the closet so I stepped into it when a hand grabbed my mouth shut from behind, he had a strong metallic scent present on his hands.

Blood.

I can still remember their warm breath in my ear,

"If you scream you'll regret it, I promise."

I obliged by his sick, sick rules but my eyes began to glisten I had to bling away the tears and silence my quiet tears.

He released his hand, when there was a sudden knock on the door.

"THIS IS THE NYPD OPEN UP NOW OR WE WILL FORCE OURSELVES THROUGH"
These were voices which saved me that night.

He gripped me once again, only with a stronger grip this time.

I couldn't breathe.

The next thing I knew the door was knocked down and there were muffled noises until my throat was suddenly released and I inhaled a large breathe..

The police dragged him away when we looked eye to eye.

"This isn't over, trust me."
That was the last thing I recall before everything went black.

-- end of flashback --

Those words would haunt me for the rest of my life and now T-bag reminds me so vividly of my ex, how could I possibly survive in such a heinous place.

As I slid down the wall in pure loss for words, a few extra tears stained my cheeks, every so often a little sniff escaping my lips...

And I was beginning to believe everything would be ok,

How could I be so stupid...
-----

hey guys! Chapter 5 done:) sorry it took me a while to update I have been extremely busy, but hopefully now I can update regularly again.

I am really proud of how this chapter turned out and hope you enjoy reading it.

I am so thankful for 206 reads! You guys make every day better, keep reading and please comment Andy future ideas or things you loved❤️ love you lots xxxx