Chapter Twenty-Seven- Dare

"Kate!" I heard Margo's voice as she knocked on the door of our dorm.

Victoria had agreed that the four of us were going to travel to her party together,  and then the guys- Jacob and Liam were travelling separately. 

"We're still getting ready,"  said Victoria, as she reached around to do the zipper on her black tube top, I gave her a look so she amended what she said.

"Correction, I'm still getting ready," she called back, and then turned to me, lowering her voice. 

"You look good, Kate," 

"I do?" 

"Take the compliment," she smirked.

"So do you," I replied.

Victoria smiled. "I should hope so too," she replied.

"Thanks, Kate," she said, as I passed her the shoe she seemed to be trying to locate, and she put it on. 

After that, the two of us headed out to meet Fox and Margo, and then we walked to Victoria's car. 

"Woah," Margo said, upon catching sight of it. 

"Woah?" 

"I forget how nice your car is," Margo replied. 

Victoria shrugged, she didn't seem to care much for the brand, or how much had been paid for the car.

I guess, like me, it was just somewhere that got her from A to B, but then her money led her to getting one other people only wished they could have.  

"If she doesn't want it tell her it's up for grabs by a very honoured customer," Margo whispered to me which I had to smile at. 

Fox rolled her eyes, and got in the back of the car with Margo, while I sat in the front passengers seat with Victoria, she didn't turn the music on, which was a first. 

"Margo, Fox, sorry for not paying you two as much attention. I've had a lot on my mind," she said, as she adjusted her bracelet on her wrist at the traffic light. 

The two exchanged a look in the back.

"Kate..." Victoria trailed off.

She didn't seem too sure of what she wanted to say to me at all anymore, so I looked out the windscreen of her car and waited until we got to the club we were having the party at. It had been rented out, so we were free to do whatever we wanted to. Most of Victoria's friends were there, and then there were those that weren't Victoria's 'friends' per say, but wished they were. 

Victoria wandered over to the bar almost immediately, as did Margo. 

Fox turned to me. "So," she began. 

"What's happening?"  she enquired. 

What was happening?

Between the flashing lights and trying to figure Victoria Lace out for the 999th time that academic year, seemingly all too much was happening.

"I'm getting Victoria to tell me who she likes tonight," I admitted. 

Fox thought it over for a minute, and then something seemed to spark in her.

"How?" Fox asked, her eyes widening slightly. 

"She said she would," I had to raise my voice a little, as the music was getting louder. I couldn't recognise the artist. 

Then again, the music in the club bounced into the room and you could feel the vibrations in your chest, which distracted from whatever it was that was playing. 

If I could finish the year with my hearing intact, it would've been a miracle. 

Fox didn't ask any more questions, which I was slightly thankful for. As of yet, I didn't have any answers.

Margo headed back over to us and handed each of us a drink, well, she handed Fox and I drinks while she had three bottles for herself. Classic Margo, and also skilled, I wondered how she could hold so many all in one go.

I rose an eyebrow when I noticed her choice for me. 

A beer.

Unlike most people at this party, I wasn't big on drinking, but Margo explained why she had given the drink to me shortly after doing so. 

"Trust me, you may need it later." she said.

"Why?" 

"Look over there," she said, nodding in a certain direction which myand Fox's eyes followed.

Swan.

Had she even been invited?

Not as if it mattered, I was fairly sure Victoria had said the two of them were on better terms now. 

I hoped that was true, and that Swan wasn't going to cause a scene due to several reasons.

One,  I wanted to find out who Victoria liked, and two, I didn't want anything getting in the way of the condition for me to find out, whatever that may be.

Margo took to the dance floor and immediately broke into an energetic dance. 

"There we go, see you later, Kate," Fox replied, heading off to dance with Margo. 

Swan caught sight of me, and then proceeded to head in my direction. 

I wondered what exactly she was going to talk to me about, or whether she was even going to talk to me. There was seemingly little the two of us needed to discuss anymore. I wouldn't ever believe her word against Victoria's. 

"Kate," she greeted.

Queen of Ice.

"Swan," I replied.

"Let's cut to the chase here," she started, then led me over to the corner of the dance floor with her. 

"What's that?" 

"Kate, hey," Victoria said, next to me.

Oh great. 

I just hoped the two of them wouldn't have a falling out again. There didn't seem to be anything else the two of them needed to discuss, but with Victoria told me within the next few moments, my opinion was changed.

Her eyes darted in Swan's direction, and she gave her a look that even I couldn't work out the  meaning of, Swan just shrugged, and headed over to the bar. 

"You know Swan was planning on kissing you," Victoria replied, after a moment of thinking about it, it seemed.

"She was?" I enquired.

That was odd. 

I thought Swan was working on getting herself a new boyfriend, if she didn't have one already, that was.

Victoria nodded, which led me to ask the next question on my mind. 

"How come?" 

"She thought it would make me jealous," she replied.

"And would it?" I found myself asking.

Victoria smirked, in a 'wouldn't you like to know?' kind of way.

"Want to know what the condition is, Greene?" 

I nodded, all too eager to find out what exactly it was so I could find out who she liked, I waited for a moment, and then she said it seemingly all too easily. 

"Okay, kiss me."