Chapter Thirty-Three- Going Home

A/N 

Early update because I'm amazing like that.

(I also kinda got tired of staring at cookie clicker lmao) 

Vote, fan and comment! I love you guys <3 

--Nia 

                                                    ------------------------------------

I sighed.

I sighed because staying around Victoria's seemed to come to an end too quickly; because I still had only a half knowledge on how exactly Victoria felt; and because she had been witness to my drunken babbling.

"Greene, you know something..." Victoria began, I turned to her, waiting for her to continue speaking.

"I'm going to miss your adorable self,"

"You are?"

"No, thank god you're leaving," she replied, then upon noticing my slightly shocked face she smirked and continued.

"I'll miss you," she said.

"Soon enough we'll be back at University," I replied.

Victoria headed over to me and looped her arms around my neck, a glint in her eyes that I had almost definitely not seen from Victoria before.

Especially not towards me.

"Kate,"

"Yes?"

"Don't ruin the moment," she said, as she leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. 

When she ended the kiss she searched my eyes for a moment before speaking again.

"I'm driving you?" Victoria asked.

I nodded.

"And you'll introduce me?" she enquired, letting her arms fall from around me back down to her sides.

"As if you're in need of an introduction," I said.

"Oh really?"

"I may have mentioned you before,"

"All good things, I hope,"

"Nothing but," I replied.

"You don't have to introduce me, perhaps another time," Victoria gave a small smile, then turned to leave the room, signalling for me to follow her.

As we walked down the hall of her house, her bracelet jingled with her movement.

I wish I didn't have to leave...

Maybe I was being over-dramatic. 

"Greene," Victoria's voice led me away from my thoughts. 

"Mm...sorry I was thinking about y-" I blurted.

Victoria laughed gently.

"Good, thinking about me is a good past time or so I've heard," she said.

"It's pretty good," I replied.

"Can get distracting, though," I stated.

"Please. You're always a distraction," she said quietly.

The two of us headed over to her car and Victoria smirked once the two of us were sat down in it.

"Maybe my car won't flirt with you this time," she said.

Oh yeah, that was the car, Victoria...

"What?" Victoria asked.

I just shook my head slightly, so Victoria started up the engine and began to drive to my house. The journey passed quite quickly, then again, I was daydreaming about various things. 

"Au revoir," Victoria said, as I undid my seat belt and got out of the car.

"I'll see you soon, Victoria," I replied, with a smile.

I headed into my house with a thought in my head: I had told Victoria what I needed to, there was just one more thing to do.

"Mum," I said, as she took me into a hug.

"How was it? We missed you, your sisters missed you,"

I smiled. "I missed them too...okay, I actually have something important to tell you but first..."

I began to talk to my parents about my first term at the university, and they beamed throughout, until I got to the part where I had to tell them something I had no presumptions to how they would react about.

Telling them that I liked Victoria Lace. 

"You what?" my mother asked.

My dad had a look of confusion on his face.

"But Victoria Lace? I remember you two always used to bicker about something..."

"I know, but people change and thoughts change, and my feelings towards girls stay the same- I like them, in a romantic sense," I added, as if that much wasn't already evident.

"So, you're gay?" my mother asked.

"Yup,"

"Oh...Okay," she replied.

She'd come around, but I couldn't expect her to immediately convert her mind out of how she had always been taught by her own parents. My grandparents didn't tend to keep up with the times in regard to accepting people. 

My father smiled, however. "As long as you're happy,"

"And I am happy with Victoria," I replied.

"Then we're happy for you," my mother said.

I smiled, glad that things had gone as swiftly as I could have hoped.

//*

I was sat in my room when Victoria called me.

"Can hardly handle a few minutes without me?" I joked, and heard Victoria's laugh on the other side of the line.

"For the record, Kate...I thought I would stupendously fail and admit it first," she stated.

"Admit what first?"

I imagined that Victoria was probably rolling her eyes on the other side of the line at my feigned obliviousness. No, I was certain she was.

"You know, things are complicated," she said.

"I guess they are," I replied.

Victoria and I seemed to speak well into the evening, but the whole thing she had brought up early in the conversation unfortunately didn't come up again.

After the call had ended, I received a text from Fox.

F: I miss youuu, Greene. Margo misses you. Hang out soon?

I quickly texted back that I would, with a smile on my face, and headed to sleep.