Eight: Truth or Dare

"(Y/n) I know you're still upset, which is completely understandable, but I think it's best we simply start talking again instead of ignoring-" he lets his worlds trail off, looking up to realize there are people in your dorm room. Thomas, his girlfriend Eliza, Liam, his girlfriend Darcy, Malcom, and his girlfriend Elaine are all sprawled across your floor, open bags of crisps, sweets, and crushed soda cans littered across. Yet you're nowhere to be found.

He's so used to barging in unannounced to find you scribbling in a notebook or hunched over your laptop that he's stopped knocking and waiting for you to answer. If he hadn't been so focused on wording his apology to you correctly he would've noticed the signs that there were multiple people in your room.

But it's been a week since you two have talked, and the idea of you being sad or upset with him has kept him far too distracted to get any work done. So, after practicing in the mirror many times, he decided to come over and offer his apology.

"Where's (y/n)?" he questions too quickly and too concerned.

"Well hello to you too freak" Thomas grins, "No need to worry, your girlfriend's just gone to fetch some more drinks"

"But all the shops around here are closed. She'd have to go far out to get more" Sherlock responds, disregarding the girlfriend comment.

"That's kinda the point" Eliza sneers under her breath.

Sherlock's hands clench into fists.

"I'll just come back later-" he nods tightly.

"Nonsense. It wouldn't be a party without freak now would it?" Thomas says a bit too loudly, standing to his feet and sidestepping over people to make his way to him.

Everyone nods in agreement and cheers sarcastically.

"See, they love you. You've got to stay"

"I really don't-"

"I'm not giving you a choice here mate" Thomas shrugs, clapping him hard on the back.

Thomas shoves him forward so he stumbles to the ground, quickly trying to regain his composure. Everyone sits up now, so they've all formed a circle of sorts, Sherlock in between Thomas and Malcom, eyes trained on the ground.

"Let's play a game" Thomas smirks with that twinge of mischief that makes Sherlock tense.

"Ooh! How about truth or dare!" Darcy suggests, clapping her hands together like a bubbly five year old.

"Brilliant idea Darcy" Thomas shoots her a thumbs up and she claps some more, "I'll go first"

He takes a moment, pretending it's a difficult decision who he will ask first. Every second that ticks by sends more butterflies through Sherlock's stomach. Thomas of course knows this, enjoying the anxious expression that has come over him.

"Sherlock" he decides after what feels like hours, "Truth or dare?"

He says nothing.

"Oh, silly me, you've never been around a group of normal people before so you probably don't even know how to play" Thomas jabs, causing giggles around the room.

"I know how to play" he snaps, fists clenching tighter until his fingernails nearly break the skin of his palm.

"Well then," Thomas leans back and digs his elbow into Sherlock's already bruised side, "Truth or dare"