Chapter 2

HERES CHAPTER 2 I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!
ALSO MIDNIGHT/HER MOTHER IS SHOWN ABOVE

Your point of view
I wake up under Midnights dark wing, it covers me like a blanket keeping me warm all night. "Morning girl" I say groggily rubbing my (e/c) eyes. I hear her groan a bit as she stirs, her icy blue eyes open and look into mine. She grumbles again and rolls her eyes "Yeah I know I woke you up from your beauty sleep but let's go" I say crawling out from under her wing. As I get up her tail trips me "Hey! Do you wanna go flying or not?" I yell. She gets up quite quickly at the world fly. I smile at her and then quickly pack up camp, there's isn't much, just my few supplies I have laying around. After double checking the areas making sure I didn't leave anything important behind I hop on Midnight. "Ready girl?" I ask already knowing the answer. She immediately takes off and spins as she shoots a plasma blast. I smile and close my eyes at the wind blows around me making my (h/c) hair blow around my head. Flying is my favorite thing is this world of ours, well besides Midnight of course. She's all I have left... I frown at that thought. I used to have a used to have a life, I used to live in a village, I used to have a family...

I was five at the time. I went walking through a field of flowers near my village. I know it probably wasn't the safest thing to do, there could be dragons, but this time of day there usually wasn't a dragon anywhere within miles of our small village. I loved going to this field to pick flowers, preferably Daisy's, they were my favorite. I sat on the tall grass taking my many Daisy's and turning them into a flower crown, my mom taught me how. I saw a bright purple flower standing alone in the tall green grass, I giggled as I went to pick it for my mother, her favorite color was purple so I decided to give her a present. But the flower was quickly forgotten as I loud noise boomed in the sky, I looked up and saw a dark blob quickly picking up speed towards me. I screamed and ran away a bit so the mysterious shape wouldn't hit me. Suddenly the dark blob hit the ground sending dust up into the air. I turned around shaking. 'W-what was that?' I thought as the cloud of dust settled. There lying in the grass was a dragon. Even though I was young I was interested in the books about dragons, so I knew what kind it was. It was a Night Fury. I backed away scared, all dragons are dangerous but a Night Fury is one of the most lethal. But a whimper of pain from the black beast made me stop in my tracks. The beast opened their eyes and looked into my (e/c) ones, their icy blue eyes bore into line and I started to back away again. The dragon made another noise and this time tried to lift up their wing, I saw that it was bent in an uncomfortable angle. Something made me walk to the dragon, it was like I was drawn to it. When I got close to the dragon they looked at me once more with their icy blue eyes, at that moment I could feel that the dragon wouldn't harm me. Again they tried to lift up their wing again, this time they succeeded folding their wing up in a whimper of pain. A small egg rolled out from under her wing, it was light gray and around the size of the small melons we would rarely get in our village. I was really confused and then I saw it, I saw a large spear imbedded in the dragons abdomen. I cried out, this was the eggs mother, and the mom was dying. I now could clearly see the crimson liquid flowing out of the wound. "No... No you need to be ok and take care of your baby" I cried. The dragon rumbled a bit almost sounding like sighing. "Please" I whispered "Your baby needs you". The mothers tail slowly moved up towards the egg nudging it so it sat right in front of me. I looked at the dying mother and she looked into my eyes and slowly pushed the egg into my lap, my small hands grabbed for it and once they were safely wrapped around the sphere cradling it to my chest she moved her tail to the ground. I looked at the small egg in my arms, I can't take care of them, I'm so young. I look back up at the momma and tears rolled down my face "Please they need you" whisper. I slowly made my way over to the dragon, her breathing became quicker. I held the egg carefully in one arm and reached my other small hand out to her head, she stiffened as my hand came in contact with her rough scaly skin. But slowly moved my fingers petting her in a soothing manner. She relaxed under me. Tears rolled down my face as I knew that this egg wouldn't have her momma. "I promise to protect your baby momma dragon" I whispered rubbing her scales. She grumbled from beneath me, the look in her eyes could only mean 'Thank you'. I smiled softly and it looked like she did too as she closed her eyes. And then I started humming knowing this mother wouldn't last much longer, I wanted to make her last few moments peaceful as possible. I hummed the song my grandmother hummed to me as a young child, recently she passed away and I hummed it to her as she moved on. Slowly the mothers breathing slowed down and in one final gasp for air she stilled. I looked down at the egg in my hands "I promise to keep you safe" I said rocking the egg slowly. At that moment I knew dragons weren't out there to harm us. They were just misunderstood. And I also knew I would never let anything happen to this dragon, because I couldn't save her mother...