Chapter 39: Joy of being in love

Edward's POV

I have always heard from people about how amazing the feeling is of being in love but I never believed in all those things, I considered them totally stupid but now I can actually feel the joy of being in love, that amazing feeling of being with the one whom you love endlessly, of knowing that there will be someone standing right by your side holding your hand sharing every small and big happiness of your life in the good times and assuring that everything will be fine in the bad ones when you are left all alone.

If few months back someone told me that I'll be in love with someone so madly I would have laughed at their faces but today things have changed, I have changed...the Edward Miller who never used to be with the same girl for more then one day is now wishing to be with this beauty sleeping on his bed for forever.

"I wish to wake up next to you every morning like this" I whispered bringing her hand to my lips and placing a kiss on the back of her hand as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Good morning" she said.

"Morning" I replied.

"You have been staring at me from a quite long time right" she asked amused.

"How did you know" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I just felt it" she replied with a shrug as I moved closer to her grining.

"What are you doing" she asked her voice came out barely as a whisper as her breathing became heavy.

"I think I should leave now" she whispered placing her hand on my shoulder as I placed a kiss on her neck slowly trailing down to her collarbone inhaling her sweet scent, her words didn't match with her actions as her other hand was dug in my hair.

But I stopped when I remembered that I have an important meeting today.

"Okay I'll drop you off but after breakfast" I replied pulling away unwillingly though. After taking a bath separately of course we went out for breakfast and now we are on our way to her place.

"Ashima are you free tonight or do you have work" I asked.

"No I don't have work today or should I say for the next few days or weeks" she replied.

"Why so" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I resigned from my job because as you know I was leaving so it might take some time to get my old job back or maybe a new one so I'm free for the next few days" she replied hesitantly as I just shook my head remembering yesterday's events.

"Anyways why were you asking" she asked.

"Because I'm planning to take you out tonight...on a date" I replied smiling.

"Okay" was all she said but there was a small smile on her lips.

"So I take that smile as a yes" I asked and she just nodded her head in agreement.

"I'll pick you up by seven then" I said as we reached her place.

"Okay bye" she replied and was about to get out of the car when I held her hand stopping her.

"Take care...I love you" I whispered placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too" she said as blush crept up on her cheeks, her voice barely audible.

I smiled as I watched her getting out of the car and I kept looking at her retreating figure until she was no longer in my sight.

I closed my eyes leaning my head against the seat with a smile still on my face, a smile of happiness, of content and of course my Ashima is the reason of this nonstop smile of mine...it feels so amazing to know that the person you love the most loves you back even more and would be by your side when no one else will and the most great feeling is when you know that you are the reason of her smile, of her blush, of her happiness.

I was lost in my own happy world but suddenly a thought crossed my head making the slime drop from my lips and the thought was what if I was late yesterday and wasn't able to stop her then right now she must have been long gone from this place and must have been somewhere in India not that I wouldn't be able to find her but still the thought of her leaving makes me angry, sad, scare and what not all at the same time.

While thinking of all this my thoughts slipped back to the events that took place yesterday.

I sighed when my flight landed and I walked out of the airport, I'm so glad I'm back...don't take me wrong of course it was good to stay in India with my granny for few days but how can I be fully happy when I have left my heart here behind me but now the wait is over as finally I'll be able to meet Ashima again I don't know if she'll be happy to see me or not but atleast I'll get to see her face after so long okay okay it's been only few days but still it feels like I have been away for years.

I was about to walk towards my car where my driver was waiting for me but a voice from behind stopped me and it didn't took me more then two seconds to recognize my irritating friend's irritating voice.

"What the hell are you doing here" I asked turning around only to see Mack calling out my name while sitting in his car with his head popped out of the window and I shook my head before walking towards him.

"What the hell I'm doing here" he repeated my question "I should be the one asking where the hell have you been these past days" he added or should I say yelled dramatically and I was now frustrated by this but anyways I replied to him only to be interrupted by him.

"Oh I was in India because...".

"Leave all that details for now if you don't want to lose your love" he said and I frowned at him in confusion what the hell is he talking about and then he explained me everything that how he met Ashima and came to know that she's leaving US forever and he was just so sure that she's leaving because of me.

"What the fuck did I do now to make her leave" I voiced my thoughts with frustration "I have to stop her before it's too late" I added.

And asked Mack to call her and lie to her about me being in the hospital because I knew she won't stop and come back if I called her straight away.

I kept looking at the exit of the airport while sitting in the back seat of Mack's car thinking if she'll come or not but somehow my heart said with confidence that she'll come because my stupid heart never stopped believing that she loves me even if she doesn't accept it.

I sighed in relief when I saw her running out of the airport with tears flowing down her eyes although I didn't like tears in her eyes but these tears clearly told that she was worried for me as hell and proved my heart right.

"Let's go hurry..." she said in a panicked voice as soon as she got in the car but stopped in her tracks when she noticed me and I prepared myself as I expected her angry outburst for lying about the hospital thing but I was left surprised when she took me in a bone crushing hug and I hugged her back as I heard her murmuring that how glad she was after seeing that I'm fine.

If this is not love then what is it Ashima, I thought to myself.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a car's horn from behind so I shook my head to clear off all the thoughts before driving off towards my office.

******

Hey guys,

Do tell me how you felt about this chapter.

If you liked it then feel free to vote and leave your valuable comments.

And please share.

Bye until next time :)