Chapter 41: Truth

Edward's POV

"How do you know her" he asked pointing at one of the photos.

I looked at the photo it's me, Mack and Avaline in it, I smiled sadly seeing the old memories.

"She was my best friend Avaline more like a sister" I replied in a low voice remembering how she died.

"She died in a..." I added but he interrupted me.

"In a car accident" he completed my sentence.

"How do you know that" I asked with a frown.

"Because she was my fiance" he replied in a broken voice. Fiance, oh wait so it was Vihaan, Avaline was getting married to. I didn't got to meet her fiance at that time because I was out of town, I still remember how sad she was because I couldn't attend her wedding but unfortunately her wedding never took place.

"Avaline was the one Ashima kept talking about" I spoke almost to myself still in my own trance because of the sudden revelation.

"Wait Ashima blames her dad for Ava's accident" I murmured.

"Yes she did but I never believed her and I will never do" he replied "Edward I think I'm not in the state to discuss about the business anymore, I should leave" he added and was about to go when my next words stopped him dead in his tracks.

"Vihaan, Ashima was always right that it was not just an accident it was all planned but not by your dad. I know who did it, I know who killed her" I said as now everything was following in the right place in my head.

"Who" was all he asked turning around.

"Gary" I replied.

******

Author's POV

"Why does it always happens with me...why" he yelled at the top of his voice throwing the stuff in his room here and there in anger, anyone who would look at him would guess that he's mentally unstable and can do anything, can harm anyone who would come in his way.

"But I won't let it happen this time, I won't let the same thing happen this time...not again" he murmured shaking his head.

"Either Ashima will be mine or she'll be dead like Ava, I'll kill her too" he kept on saying stupid things until a man walked in his room.

"Don't do something stupid Gary, you are not in the right state of mind, you need help" the man said trying to put some sense in his friend's head.

"You have no idea how powerful her brother and boyfriend are, Edward will surely kill you if you harm Ashima" the man added.

"And just think what Vihaan will do to you if he gets to know that you were the one who killed Ava and now you are after his sister" he continued.

"Enough Jack, this time I'll use my brain" Gary spoke in a loud voice.

"Do you know that Ashima hates her own father because she thinks that he planned that accident, so just think how much she'll hate that bastard Edward when I'll tell her that he killed Ava because he couldn't see her getting married to Vihaan" he further added.

"The moment I saw the three of them together and got to know that Vihaan is Ashima's brother, I planned all this, this time I'll play using my brain and this time I'll win. Once she starts hating Edward and throws him out of her life then my way will be clear".

"Then she'll be just mine...just mine" he spoke laughing evilly.

"I'm still warning you that it's not right what you are planning to do please stop not for their sake but for your own just think once again" Jack said although he knew that there's no use of saying all this to him because he has known him since childhood and he knows that Gary won't stop now he easily gets obsessed with things well not really things, but still he wanted him to understand that this time he can't get away if he did something stupid like what he did to Ava, every time luck can't be on your side.

"Too late there's no time to think now" Gary replied walking out of his apartment to execute his plan not really considering what his friend said.

But little did he know that he was digging his own grave, that now it's time for him to pay for killing someone innocent, it's time to pay for the sins he committed.

******

Edward's POV

"Gary" I replied.

"Who's that and how are you so sure" Vihaan asked his eyes filled with rage.

"He was our classmate, he liked Ava so he proposed her a few times but she always rejected him and I think her rejection hurt his ego badly. Soon his liking towards her turned into obsession we all saw it, maybe even Ava. He used to trouble her giving blank calls, stupid texts and all. We all warned her to do something about this thing we even offered her help but she refused it as she was getting married, she just thought that it would all end once she's married but she took it all too lightly" I explained the events.

"I was out of town for few months, I got to know about the accident when I got back here, I was really shocked and sad but I instantly knew that Gary has something to do with it so I went to confront him but he was gone from here...to where I don't know. It was only after few days that his friend Jack came to me telling that it was all done by Gary he didn't wanted her to be with someone else, my guess was right. Jack further said that how he was feeling guilty even though he was not involved in it but knew about his plan that's why he came to tell me about it. He wanted to warn me before all this happened but as I said I was out and he didn't trusted anyone else in this matter, he was scared of Gary" I added.

How much I wished to beat the shit out of that Jack because he knew everything he could have stopped it but he didn't, but I also knew that hurting him was of no use because he was not the real culprit.

"She was going through so much and I didn't even knew about it" Vihaan's voice pulled me out of my trance.

Not knowing what to do or say I just patted his shoulder.

The room was totally silent until my phone rang, I quickly received it seeing it's Ashima.

"Edward" I heard her voice as if she was crying.

"What's wrong why do you sound like that, are you okay" I asked gaining Vihaan's attention as my heart started beating fast fearing about the worst.

I'm not getting a good feeling about this.

"I don't know what he's going to do...I'm scared" she replied in a cracked voice.

"Whom are you talking about" I asked panicked.

"G-Gary he brought me to his apartment and locked me in a room, luckily my phone is still with me" she replied.

Fuck.

This is what I was fearing of.

"Edward I..." she spoke but I interrupted her.

"Shh don't worry love just do one thing lock the door from inside and don't hang up. I'll be there soon" I replied trying to sound calm in front of her, but inside me is a totally different story.

"Okay, I love you" she whispered.

"I love you too...be safe" I whispered back closing my eyes as then I heard only her breathing.

I have to do something...fast.

******

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

And merry Christmas and a very happy new year to you all in advance.

Bye until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)