Crow's Broken Heart

JAX

"You should get her back Jax."Gemma told me as I watched Charlie walk away.
"I know Mom..I'm gonna try"I told her sitting next to Abel.

"Well try harder. Can't let her get away from you this time, Jackson."She told me and honestly she was starting to get on my nerves.

"What do you want me to do Mom? She just got here yesterday. I can't push it on her, Her dad is dying. Why do you care anyway?"

"Because Jackson. She's the best thing for you. She always has been. I haven't seen you smile in a whole year, baby. She's been here for one day and you start smiling and laughing. You actually look like you've slept for once. I just don't want you to let a good thing go again."She told me and I nodded at her.

Gemma was right. I felt great, the best I had in a year. Charlie was good for me and like Gemma said she always had been. I made up my mind yesterday that I wasn't going to let her just slip through my fingers again but I didn't want to rush this either. Charlie wouldn't like that. It would probably scare her off instead of making her fall back in love with me. She would start to think that I just wanted her around for a fuck or a surrogate mother rather than me actually needing her in my life. I pushed her away to get her out of this hell of a city because I loved her too much and here I was trying to get her to stay because I truly needed her more than I needed to breathe. How ironic was that. Finishing my plate I touched Abel's head then stood up then leaned over and did the same to Thomas. My phone started to ring in my pocket. I fished it out and answered it. I let put a sigh as I shook my head.

"Yeah I'll be there in a little bit." I said into the phone before hanging up.

"Better get going." I said as I started to stand up.

"What should I tell Wendy?" Gemma asked me. I turned to face her.

"About what?" I asked.

"About Charlie being back. Having Wendy around might scare her off." She told me. I raised a brow at her questioning her words.

"I doubt Wendy could scare off Charlie. You made this arrangement with Wendy not me. If she wants to still help out with the boys then fine. But if you don't want her around that's on you not me." I told her. She nodded at me before I turned to walk to the bedroom to get my cut. Just by that sentence alone I could tell that Gemma was already scheming to cut her out.

"Hey Charlie. I'm going to the shop you wanna lift?"I asked her as I walked into the room.

"Yeah love one." She said, I stood behind her staring at her. Not because she was only in jeans and a black lace bra but because of the tattoo on her shoulder. She had an Old Lady tattoo on her shoulder blade. A crow holding a heart in its claws. It was more beautiful than any other ones I've seen. Underneath it, it said Mrs. Teller. I could feel my heart skip a beat in my chest just by reading those two words. She pulled her shirt on and looked at me. She knew what I saw the moment she looked into my eyes.

"When did you get that?" I asked her.

I watched her whole body language change. She seemed up tight before she took in a deep breath, held it in then sat down on the bed grabbed one of her boots before she finally let out the breath.

"I wasn't expecting to talk about this yet." She told me and I tilted my head at her answer.
"I got it the day you cheated on me. I was planning on getting it for a while before then but two days before that you told me that you needed to talk about something important." She told me. I stepped into the room more, closed the door behind me and leaned against it.

"I thought you were going to propose..." She said softly. My heart dropped. Baby...

"I knew you better than anyone else... you were being so shady-nervous really. There was no doubt in my mind that you would do anything else besides-" she said and let out a humorous laugh.